1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Anthony Davis

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HouStu_Rocket, Oct 19, 2015.

1. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I know it's a well known fact that Anthony Davis is a totally BA. I want to point out a few things

Dude is TWENTY TWO (22) years old.

Apart from his college years of being an NCAA champion and SEC player of the year Anthony is a two-time NBA blocks leader, gold medalist, All NBA first team and two-time NBA all star. That is a tremendous resume for a 22 year old and we are seeing his incredible growth already with him pretty much single-handedly getting his weak Pelicans squad into the playoffs over Westbrook's Thunder and putting up ECCELLENT numbers in his first ever playoffs.

Could this be the rise of the next LeBron? Do you think he could be an under-the-radar candidate for the best player in the world? Iv think next year might see an MVP race between Harden, Durant, Bron, and this 22 year old Anthony Davis.

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

His team's success will determine his placement in the best player rank

Lebron led his Cavs team to a FINALS appearance around age 22. Thats in a really weak conference, but thats what lifted Lebron in the best player ranks.

Hakeem in the previous years before the title, he was putting up big numbers, getting QUADRUPLE doubles. But he played on a lot of average teams. David Robinson and Patrick Ewing were getting the praise cuz their teams won more. It wasnt until Hakeem got in the Finals again that it lifted him into the upper tier GOAT ranks.

I think that nationally televised games still matter in boosting players ranks. True knowledgeable NBA fans know how special Davis is. To the casual fan he is the "Unibrow" guy who's good but isnt taken as seriously. Again he'll get into those spotlight games when the Pelis rack up more W's

3. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Sure he could be the next lebron, if he keeps improving. Mobile, lanky big men have a higher chance of serious injury, so he needs to stay healthy.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is amazing.

DD

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

AD can't be Lebron until he can initiate an offense and get double teamed off the ball. Maybe top 5 player in the league this season but he won't be close to Lebron until he can carry an entire team on his shoulders and make everyone on the floor better.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Eccelent? Elmer Fudd is that you? LOL!

Anyway I think everybody saw AD coming a mile away, in fact WARP or some other type of projection already had already given him a higher rating than (rookie) LBJ, and as far as rookie years IMHO he has been blowing rookie LBJ out of the water. Rookie LBJ was an amazing player but AD has dominant almost from the moment he stepped on the court, the only guys I remember being this dominant from day 1 were Shaq and TD (who spent 4 years in college).

Pelicans are lucky to have him, thank god they've had trouble putting pieces around him so far because if they had a capable GM like Morey I think we're gonna have a Bulls-type dynasty for the future.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

AD has been carrying the Pellies on his shoulders, check out their performance when he sits. AD can score on his own inside and out but the crazy thing is his defense, the dude is a game changing menace on the court that guy on the Spurs got all the love due to that Grantland article but if you examine AD's impact defensively and on the boards I think he will equal or better Kawhi's performance, it's just that Spurs are a well oiled machine while New Orlean's players are total garbage.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He is going to be insane. Although I still haven't seen an AD game where I got that "you just can't stop him" feel. A lot of his shots are assisted by others and I haven't seen him just dominate despite being double/triple teamed.

So he is not quite top three yet IMO, but he will get there soon most likely.

9. i3artow i3aller

Top 3 talent & the youngest superstar in the L.
    [​IMG]

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He has worked on the 3 point shot over the summer.

He is already among the 3 best players in the league IMO. LeBrona nd Durant being the other two. I would trade anyone including Harden for AD.

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Your eyes deceive you.

[​IMG]

AD is a great player, but let's not compare him to one of the top 5 players of all time yet. Lebron is on a different level both offensively and defensively.

12. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Could potentially be the best player in the league in 1 or 2 years.

13. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

AD will be league MVP in two years, and best player in the WORLD in three.

There hasn't been a PF with his skill set (this young) since Ralph Sampson. Add the fact that today's NBA is woefully 'big man' deficient, and AD has ZERO peers.

Of course, this projection assumes he'll have consistently good health unlike fellow phenom, Sampson. It's a damn shame he suffered those knee and back injuries so young.

Oh... what might have been. :(

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

hakeem 2-1 in the finals
    lebron 2-3 in the finals

if lebron can't make it to the finals this year and win, i don't think he will make it back again as the best player on a team and win.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Lebron is 2-4 in the finals. He has been to the finals 6 times, but he has taken probably the worst finals team ever to the finals (2007).

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

OP, there is nothing "under the radar" about Anthony Davis. This isn't 2 years ago.

17. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I love AD and the torch from Hakeem was passed to Duncan and now to AD (Shaq was a different type of player). Unfortunately, today's NBA is not geared for dominant centers so the odds are against him. In spite of all that, he still manages to dominate put up ridiculous stats. He did a great job last year getting his team in the playoffs on the strongest conference the league has ever seen.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

Does he even lift doe?

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

he's actually gotten a lot stronger

20. dream2franchise

I'm going to love watching Davis and Cousins go at it for the next decade.

I don't think Cousins is scared at all...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0ts8X2f9kgU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>