1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anthony Davis Requested Trade From Pelicans (Rockets to offer?)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Philter_09, Jan 28, 2019.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

2. mikol13

Supporting Member

Vivi likes this.
  3. mikol13

Supporting Member

Vivi likes this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lebron and the Lakers are the big loser of this season/deadline.

malakas and Why not? like this.
  5. mikol13

Supporting Member

Vivi likes this.
  6. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

...and Rockets.

PeterKingX likes this.
  7. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Kevin Martin, Stephen Adams, and Jeremy Lamb are a better package. :D

SS0101 likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm so happy AD is going to rot a little longer in New Orleans! Even though it flies in the face of my Rockets fandom, I was kind of hoping Lebron was going to pull off an Oceans 11 type thievery of AD. The type of planing that went into forcing AD to the Lakers was admirable and was hilarious in it's evil execution.

There is something I admire about Lebron sticking it to Owners and doing what ever he wants.

9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

No we didn’t lose the trade deadline. We lost when Les sold the team to Tillman.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Rockets have still two stars, Capela, Gordon...Lakers have Lebron and a bunch of overhyped guys that can't wait to see him fail ;)

malakas likes this.
  11. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Why do you think Les sold the team? He pulled out before the big salaries hit. I have always despised TF for many reasons but he vastly needed to increase the value of this franchise for his future plans to work because of his lack of leverage. This is a harbinger of much much worse. I was one of the optimistic ones because I assumed Morey had some control over him. I was wrong. The very nature of our team next year will put us close to the tax no matter what we do so we will start over but because we are now sabotaged from going drastically over, look for a repeat of the same strategy next year. No 1st, vet mins, TP MLE. Get used to it. After next year, no EGo, maybe Tuck. Get used to it. It will be interesting to see how many Faried, Rivers, Green, and others sticking around for vet min deals. I seriously doubt Ariza was ever offered a repeat of his previous 4yr contract. Going forward, TF is going to leverage our assets and Morey's ability to pick up the trash to fill out our roster.

12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Agreed, LBJ is going to get what he has coming but we only have Gordon through next year. The fallout from this will become more apparent this offseason. Our ability to get better has been sabotaged. Trust me, I was one of the optimistic ones and still am optimistic about this season to a degree. Ryno will haunt this franchise for a long time to come. Morey was compromised and waited too damn long to pay for his mistake. Knowing what we know now he should have dealt with this over a year ago. BUT WE DID KNOW. We paid about the same in actual cost but far more in opportunity cost. Too cute by half, great is the enemy of good, etc...

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

...as well as the Rockets...

mikol13 likes this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh i get what you're saying, don't get me wrong...for a substantial upgrade at this point we can only hope that something with Butler is going to happen in few months. Gordon and Nene, maybe with antoher salary filler could work if he wants to be here. I don't see other ways at this point.

15. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Agreed, those are expirings but at that point he loses his 5yr or has to opt in and trade and he is not doing that at his age. If he can be anywhere, he will just choose the bigger market. He's not staying there which is why they got Harris. I think he is perfect for us like you but at this point he is going to be a mercenary. I feel our time to do something has passed.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

50 pages, 1,000+ replies
    LOL Lock this **** up.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

We can at least hope ;)

luckyman76 likes this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member