1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anthony Davis injury prone?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by munco, Nov 20, 2012.

1. munco

munco Member

I didn't want to start a thread on this but didn't see a general nba thread.

Lately I've beem wondering if Anthony Davis might be injury prone? He's hurt again with an ankle injury and I believe he missed some time during the Olympics for an ankle injury too. He also had that concussion that made him miss some games. It's still very early but he's a young kid and has a skinny frame. I really hope these are freak injuries as he seems like a great kid. After what happened to guys like Yao, Brandon Roy, Oden, it just makes me wonder.

2. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Yeah I agree it probably has to do with his little frame. Especially now that he is in the NBA playing against guys bigger than him every night, he's bound to get banged up. As people have been saying he needs to add some meat on them bones. It sucks for the Hornets if he does become really injury prone with having to deal with Gordon already.

3. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

Its weird, he out for stress precautions which is a precursor for stress fractures. This problem is usually with players with large frames ala yao, oden. Its concerning because he has a small fram and hasnt even filled out yet. Maybe it has to do with his quick growth spurt or the fact that he added 10-20 lbs of muscle over the summer or something.

4. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Where are you getting any of this

or even this.

The reports are that he tweaked an ankle in practice on Monday, and was held out as a last-minute scratch. Anything beyond that is fictional concern trolling.

To interpret an ankle tweak and a trip through the league's silly mandatory concussion procedures like he's the second coming of Greg Oden is immensely silly.

5. Arthurprescott2

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/hornets-rookie-anthony-davis-out-with-ankle-injury-listed-as-day-to-day/2012/11/20/d25e08a2-3371-11e2-92f0-496af208bf23_story.html

2 people like this.
  6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think Lillard will end being the best guy from this draft. Players usually don't become healthier as they get older.

7. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

An ankle injury happens all the time to basketball players. All of his injuries are not serious. The concussion is more of a freak accident and doesn't make him injury prone because of a concussion. So far, he has been dealing with a lot of small injuries which he has to learn to work with.

8. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Lillard is indeed a stud. Probably going to be a lot like Derrick Rose, but already with a better shot than he had his rookie season.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Boy, did we dodge a bullet.

10. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Uh huh. So do people understand how conditional language works in English?

When you see the words "if exacerbated, can develop into a fracture" it doesn't mean that Anthony is one fateful step away from having his feet explode. It certainly doesn't mean that one is a "precursor" for the other as part of some airtight causal relationship.

Given that Davis quite literally could have played this evening without issue, and that these reports are typically written to gin up injury news and create drama and interest where it doesn't actually exist, it's a pretty huge reach to conjure up Greg Oden and Brandon Roy bogeymen.

The Hornets are being extremely cautious--overly cautious--with one of the best young talents to play for the franchise dating back to its relocation from Charlotte. It's annoying for people who own Davis in fantasy or want to see him play, but it's not some ominous portent of big man injuries to come.

Truly, Greg Oden isn't even a good comparison to Davis in terms of body types. Davis is built far more like Kevin Durant. If I recall correctly, Durant was supposed to be "too skinny" for NBA basketball, too, would get pushed around a lot, and would only get hurt a lot so why bother, according to anonymous internet strangers as well.

And here we are, six years later, and Durant has proven to be an NBA ironman. They were wrong then. They're wrong again now.

11. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

A concussion can lead to dizziness, fatigue, and even death if left untreated.

You heard it here first, guys.

Anthony Davis is going to die! *gasp*

12. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Lillard is the best player from this draft. Anthony Davis is more hyped because of his length, athleticism and national championship. I think that guys like Davis, MKG, and Beal got drafted higher than Lillard because they went to bigger schools and has more hype around their games than Lillard.

Overall, I think Lillard who was very underrated coming into the drafted even though he was drafted at sixth. Davis can be a great defensive presence but Lillard can change the impact of games with his overall game. We all saw that game against the Blazers not long ago.

13. Arthurprescott2

Just pointing out the source. No need to go ape-*****. Tone down your condescension.

I don't think the injuries are a big deal at all and its sort of a great stretch to point to ankle tweaks and a concussion as some kind of propensity for injuries. That said, his information regarding the ankle was correct.

14. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

No no, thanks for the heads up.

I only wish there was some way to offer my condolences to Anthony Davis' family though, since he's going to die from his concussion.

So sad, to see such a young player like that die from a concussion, because concussions can cause death.

15. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I watched NCAA semifinal and final. I realized Davis is the real deal, but I got a strong feeling he's very likely to get injured the way he played and the body type he's had. My impression was so strong but nobody was talking about that, so I thought maybe I worried too much.

MKG and Lillard are leading the rookie PER rankng after Davis among those played heavy minutes. I think MKG and Lillard will be stars in the league, with MKG having higher ceiling.

16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

sounds like you're having a bad day

17. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Sounds like Anthony Davis is his boyfriend.

18. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Sounds like he hasn't been laid in awhile

19. macho87

macho87 Member

Someone give BeeBeard a tampon.

1 person likes this.
  20. yobod

yobod Member

Maybe Hornets are tanking. Eric Gordon sitting out and Anthony Davis "injured".