1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another thread on Kobe's Place in History, but with a slight twist.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dharocks, May 20, 2012.

?

Among All-Time Great SGs, is Kobe Closer to Jordan, or the rest of the field?

1. Closer to MJ

46.9%
  2. Closer to the rest

43.9%
  3. He's not clearly better than the others.

9.2%
  1. AXG

AXG Member

How many times have the Bulls reached the finals without Jordan?

Answer: none

2. WEHTT90s

WEHTT90s Member

Kobe is more on par with the guys in the 3rd tier. I'd rank Jerry West and Oscar Robertson ahead of Kobe.

Pau Gasol deserved more all star appearances. It's harder being an all-star in the West, especially at his position.

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Many consider Oscar a PG, or I'd personally put him on the same tier with, or maybe better than Kobe. From everything I've read and heard about him, Oscar's personality has always reminded me of sort of a mix between Kobe and Barry Bonds.

4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Kobe has got the awards to set him apart from the Tier 3 guys including: Championships, MVP award, All-Star MVP awards, scoring titles. I feel that him being the closest thing to Jordan is appropriate.

5. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Where would you rank this thread amongst the other Kobe VS Jordan threads?

6. Classic

Classic Member

And that's with some soft ass perimeter rules that clearly benefit the players today. Jordan dealt with real centers in his day and hand checking every time on his way to the hoop.

Jordan>>>>>>>>>>>Kobe>>>>>>>>rest

7. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

the end.

8. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

wow, this is actually the most stupidest post I have ever read in my entire life.

9. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Your line of reasoning completely ignores the fact that Kobe spent many of his best years playing with that dominant center and then with trash players when Shaq left. Yes, Kobe was thrown on a good team but it wasn't until later in his career that a team built for him was finally put together. Kobe wasted some of his prime years with players like Smush Parker and Luke Walton as his supporting cast. I believe there is a pretty good chance that if the Lakers had been building a team for Kobe from the moment he was drafted he would have ended up with more than 2 rings as the alpha player on the team.