1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another stupid Teen thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by davidio840, Aug 12, 2012.

1. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Story:
    http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2012/08/friendswood-teen-leads-cops-on-chase-through-6-cities/

For the Video:
    http://www.click2houston.com/news/Police-Teen-leads-cops-on-chase-through-Pearland-Houston-Pasadena-Webster-League-City-Galveston/-/1735978/16076422/-/axyxn6/-/index.html

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Isn't this basically Almeda to Baybrook?

3. davidio840

Lol yea. She was apparently arrested on Galveston island after at least 2 unsuccessful attempts by police to stop her using spike tracks. They finally got her on the 3rd try. I assume the writers didn't want to list all the cities in between. These two stories below have a lot more information. This girl is just stupid.

http://galvestondailynews.com/story/333762

http://thepolicenews.net/default.aspx?act=Newsletter.aspx&category=News+1-2&newsletterid=34016&menugroup=Home&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

4. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

She's just a misunderstood snow flake right?

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

Her parents probably gave her the car as a birthday present and paid her bail too.

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Neither one of which is particularly unreasonable. But I think one can guess she's sheltered enough to think getting caught by her parents and losing her driving privileges was worse than the community service/fine/jail time and (potential) felony conviction.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I didn't give her the beer.

8. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

9. davidio840

She is a minor so her parents are still liable for her actions. She probably wasn't even offered bail. I would think she will see a judge in the morning and then her bail would be set. What she did was a felony and according to the link below and her arrest was treated as a "Felony High Risk Traffic Stop."

http://thepolicenews.net/default.aspx?act=Newsletter.aspx&category=News+1-2&newsletterid=34016&menugroup=Home&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Talk about losing your license and being on probation for the next 5+ years (if she doesn't serve jail time) and good luck finding a job; much less finishing high school. If that was my daughter I would be completely embarrassed. This type of situation makes the parents look just as incompetent as the girl.

10. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

y u no take the ferry stupid girl?

[​IMG]

11. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

I think you're understating it.

The risk of jail time for a vehicular felony is real here. She's old enough to reasonably be tried as an adult. That's much more concerning than license suspension or probation.

Same thing with the parents. They gotta/should be much more concerned with keeping her out of prison than worrying about personal embarrassment. If they're concerned with their self image right now over their daughter's well-being then they have bigger problems.

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Ohhhh, definitely didn't give her beer.

13. amaru

amaru Member

She's a terrible person that represents everything wrong with our society.......oh wait nvm. Kids will be kids! :)

14. davidio840

I am from that area and to be honest, I would not be surprised either way. Regardless of the reason, I sure hope the judge gets in her face and gives her a taste of reality (the parents also.) Too many kids now days think they are invincible.

And if you are going to attempt to run from the police.. why go 65 mph down the freeway all the way to Galveston island. That is a dead end! One of the articles stated she was a runaway. I would assume the parents had to have made that claim (who else could do that?) Sounds like a complete disaster for that family.

15. JD88

JD88 Member

Judge will let her off with a slap on the wrist.

Should throw her ass in jail but it wont happen.

16. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

It could have been worse. She could have been reading 50 Shades of Grey.