1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another school shooting by a gun carrying Texan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, May 24, 2022.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Email from Conroe ISD...

2 days of school left. The elementary kids are focused on end of the year parties and having fun. Older kids are finishing their finals. Shouldn't have to be amongst armed security. School should be a safe place. I shouldn't have to worry about my 2 sons, my daughter, nor my elementary teacher ex-wife.

Hakeemtheking, JeeberD and Deckard like this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

^******* who was up in here last week complaining about teachers corrupting students being the real problem busting out the 2nd amendment lectures.

give it a ****ing rest man. just for awhile.

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow! That is horrific!

Nook likes this.
  4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

2A) There are fair differences in constitutional interpretation and historical practice in this arena. The most convincing evidence to me is that when the Bill of Rights was written, there were other states that had more specific rights to bear arms for self-defense and hunting. Those phrases were left out of the Bill of Rights. Never-the-less, the 14th definitely intended to ban states from preventing black people from carrying guns. So I think, and my opinion is just a dumb opinion, that the federal government has a better originalism constitutional claim to regulate than states do, but the SCOTUS interpretation has been opposite. I think more historical evidence has come to light since the Heller and McDonald decisions.

As for Permitless Carry, correct, that doesn't impact the loopholes to obtain, like guns shows and private buys. The permission thing is what happens in Hawaii...I don't think CHLs in Texas have anything to do with local police - it's more of a state license, correct? Anyhow, many people who acquire guns have applied and failed to obtain CHLs, so they end up carrying illegally. I think it was an easy way for cops to add charges to minorities. In that sense, it makes it a little harder for cops to trump up charges against possible criminals where the only crime proven could be illegal carry.

Nook, Andre0087 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

They make it a lot easier for hotheads and crazy people to get "triggered" and just shoot the person who complains about them parking in a handicap spot when they shouldn't or to just shoot and kill the driver who pisses them off on the road. They make it easier for some drunk young man at a bar to just shoot the guy leaving a bar who he got in an argument with.

6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

In our great state of Texas, the people who drive someone to an abortion, the people who actually do the abortion, the people who witness the abortion, and the people who pay for the abortion can all be punished.

Why don’t we start punishing the people who sell these guns to the killers? Then maybe they’ll start giving a **** who they give these guns to.

It seriously pisses me off that this BS keeps happening and all this country does about it is sit on their hands and say “well there really is no answer to it.”

7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

#187 deb4rockets, May 24, 2022
    Last edited: May 24, 2022
  8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Prior to the CHL change, people could still have their guns in their cars, but just not visible unless you had a CHL. After the recent law change, anyone can just have their gun in their lap and a cop is not supposed to shoot you as it's not illegal, though a cop still may shoot you.

As for bars, the law doesn't impact this at all since it's always illegal to take guns into bars unless you're a cop.

StupidMoniker likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

People couldn't walk down the streets loaded up legally and be armed to shoot anyone who pisses them off. It's an awful move by an awful group of politicians.

10. cdastros

cdastros Member

11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

12. edwardc

edwardc Member

REALLY that what you got out of that.

tinman likes this.
  13. CCorn

CCorn Member

still #1?

Squirtle likes this.
  14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Gun Money sucking Hypocrites!!!!!!!
    They think it's fine for innocent people to have to put up with gun toting crazies but not them. In fact, none of us get secret service protection on top of it.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

So you are joking about and politicizing a tragedy before the sun goes down. Jeez lady, get a grip. You are not a Texan.

Tomstro likes this.
  16. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The first step in instituting tyranny is to disarm the populace. Do you think the Uyghurs
    I didn't bring up the 2nd amendment, I am just informing the misinformed. If you don't like my posts, don't read them.
    Madison (who wrote the 2nd amendment), issued a letter of Marque to the captain of a ship which was carrying 18 cannon in private ownership to go after British naval vessels that had been harassing American shipping during the war of 1812. Note that he was not granting authorization for the captain to mount 18 cannon on his ship, that was the armament already in place. I think it would come as some surprise to him that people thought American citizens didn't have an individual right to bear arms. This is not to say that no regulations were enacted, but there was no outright ban of military grade weapons (in fact, those weapons that were regulated were more often handguns and knives).

Most states that require a permit (which is a falling number) have a statewide permit that is issued upon application to a local police chief or sheriff. I know that is how California does it.

blue_eyed_devil and Kim like this.
  17. edwardc

edwardc Member

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Seeing photos of the poor children on Twitter. It's gut-wrenching.

Hakeemtheking and tinman like this.
  19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm not joking about a tragedy. Our gun laws are the joke. I am disgusted by anyone who says a prayer then advocates for guns. I am horrified at the fact that more kids have died in school shootings than cops this year. I am sick and tired of people who say guns kill not people. I am a Texan who cares more about saving lives than throwing up the damn second amendment as a defense and thinking it's cool to sell assault weapons to people with no gun safety classes, insurance, or even knowing how to load or shoot a gun. It's mad!

20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Welcome to America. You will see this over and over and over and over. It's what gun lovers call FREEDOM. If you really care then don't vote Republican when you get a chance to vote.