1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another Scandal: Republican Ex-mayor arrested for nudity.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BetterThanEver, Jun 27, 2009.

1. BetterThanEver

More family values from the GOP.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/me...or_arrested.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    A former mayor found sitting naked and holding a beer at a Rabun County campsite told police he wasn’t the same naked man seen walking around earlier.

Mark Musselwhite, 43, said he was hot and had been in the creek, according to a Georgia Department of Natural Resources incident report. He apparently didn’t think he was doing anything wrong.

Musselwhite, of Gainesville, was arrested last weekend after being confronted by state DNR authorities. He was charged with public indecency.

“He told me he was the ex-mayor of the city Gainesville and he was a very political person,” DNR Ranger Brandon Walls wrote in the report.

Walls and a deputy sheriff went to the campsite Saturday evening after a complaint of a man walking naked in Earls Ford Road, according to the report. Musselwhite appeared to be intoxicated, and several alcoholic beverages were at the campsite, Walls said.

Walls said he had spoken to Musselwhite earlier in the day regarding an ATV the former mayor was driving.

“He looked at us and said hello,” according to the report.

Musselwhite then asked why he was being visited.

“I said the complainant had specifically said his campsite, and the fact that he was still nude made me think it was him,” Walls wrote.

Musselwhite denied that he was the nude man identified in the complaint.

An unidentified female was also at the campsite.

Musselwhite, a Republican, was elected to the City Council in 2000. He served on the council for six years, including as mayor of the town. In 2006, he lost a bid for a state Senate seat.

Musselwhite previously served as deacon of First Baptist Church in Gainesville.

He could not be reached for comment Friday evening.

2. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

this is great news for elliot spitzer!

3. rocket3forlife2

found sitting naked and holding a beer at a Rabun County campsite. LMAO Classic! :D

4. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Member

Not exactly a guy I want to have a beer with but I have no problem with his approach to leisure. Drinking beer naked next to a river sounds pretty okay to me.

5. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

"Hi, I'm Mark Musselwhite and you can't tell but I'm not wearing pants."

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The party of God and family values strikes again. Republicans (especially conservatives) are so righteous I can't stand it.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't tar a whole party over an ex-mayor of a medium sized city.

8. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

As John Stewart would say, "Another conservative mind with a liberal penis." haha. What is the deal with the GOP lately??!

9. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Member

First, I don't think there's anything wrong with drinking a beer naked as long as you're in a fairly secluded spot. But I don't think anyone's trying to tar a party over one incident; it's the constant flow of hypocrisy (not here, but with the sex stuff) that the party should be tarred for. Hopefully it will lead to them shutting the hell up about how morally superior and how much closer to God they are than the other party.

If the latest scandals mean we never have to hear about "family values" again, this will have been a great year for American politics.

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

Are you sure he wasn't just hiking the Appalachian trail?

1 person likes this.
  11. LScolaDominates

Don't hold your breath. This isn't the first wave of self-righteous moralizing hypocrites and it won't be the last.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I know almost nothing about Musselwhite or what type of platform he ran on. The only thing that ties him back to the moralizing family values Republicans is the 'R' next to his former political office.

13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Member

Given the party's platform for the last 30 years or so, that "R" binds him fairly tightly to "family values." But, again, I really don't see the big deal about drinking a beer naked.

1 person likes this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

What if he ran as a Republican because of economic issues and not family values?

15. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Member

Unless he was outspoken to the contrary, he is still complicit. Sort of like basso and his indirect support of discrimination toward gays. But again I don't think this is any big deal. Just another drop in the ocean of randy Republicans who publicly proclaim to be morally superior and privately sin their asses off.

16. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Standing up for Christian values is not claiming to be 'morally superior'. Nice try though.

On the other hand, enviro-kooks like Al Gore claim to be environmentally conscious and then jet around in private planes, drive SUVs and live in 10,000sf houses...

no cred...

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The problem is when you loudly blast Christian values as being core to your party and then don't live them, you are a hypocritical blowhard. The GOP is full of them and I've been fed up with that for years. The fact is the Republican Party has just as many vile, wicked sinners as the Democrats and to pretend otherwise is lunacy. But that's right up your alley (in addition to your obvious sarcasm).

Speaking of "no cred...", you post from a position of experience.

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

Hey, look over there...

19. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

He was probably getting a tan. Leave him alone, geez. :p

20. juicystream

juicystream Member

Starting threads on former mayors now. :rolleyes: