1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another reason to hate Apple...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, May 16, 2012.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Three days before the release of the Evo 4g LTE (a redesigned HTC One X), Apple has raised issues with shipments of the One X and the Evo with US customs. Apparently, both are being held up at the border and investigated as to whether they violate a patent of Apple's.

The patent? The hyperlink menu that comes off of phone numbers and emails in texts. Something that has existed even before the first Iphone came out. Utter and pure BS. Shady business by a company that can afford it. Par for the course. One of a few reasons why I have not, and will not, ever bought an Apple product. It's clear that Apple feels threatened by the better devices that are coming out before the Iphone 5.

I'm still hoping that my pre-ordered Evo will be at Best Buy on Friday. Doesn't look likely, though. Unless it's already there...

Android Central Link

#1 Two Sandwiches, May 16, 2012
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
  2. cod

cod Member

Motorola started the whole mess.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

I wish my land line could have some cool features.

4. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

Look at you and your first world problems.

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

ehhhh...i still want the iphone 5!

6. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I like Apples... U mad Bro?
    [​IMG]

7. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

pathetic... but great business strategy.

8. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

You just hate apple because you don't understand it. I wouldn't expect you to... it's too underground for you :grin:

9. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

Still shows a 5/18 shipping and 5/22 delivery date for my Evo LTE... fingers crossed, but yeah **** Apple

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So what you're saying is that it's ok to steal?

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I have so many friends and family who swore that they would never own a Apple product. Now, they own one or more and swear by them :p

12. Nero

Nero Member

Speaking of the new EVO.. my date for when I can get the full credit on an upgrade is June 1st, and I am unsure what to get, moving from the now-tired-feeling EVO 4G.

Is LTE from Sprint really out and effective in Houston? I can honestly say that I ever got any real genuine use out of the existing 4G maybe less than twenty times in two years, so I am skeptical about LTE being any different.

With that said, is there a good place to see a direct model-to-model comparison between the 4G and the new HTC LTE model?

I am not a fan of Samsung phones, and I have always been really impressed by how solid HTC phones are, but I am starting to care more about processor speed and graphics capability, all of that, much like shopping for a new computer nowadays. So I may need to jump from HTC if the new one doesn't impress enough to warrant another 2-year commitment.

Any of you guys in the same boat?

13. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

No. What he's saying is he doesn't think Apple has a legitimate gripe and all they're doing is swinging their big lawyer d**ks to hold up the introduction of a competitor.
    As to whether Apple has a legitimate gripe, it does not matter if the technology was introduced prior to the iPhone. Companies are buying up patents left and right. It could have been from one of these transactions for all we know.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Unreal.

DD

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

I'm somewhat proud to have never spent a single dime on Apple products :grin:

4G LTE is not active in Houston yet, but it will be within a couple of months. I'm banking on the fact that Houston is one of the first markets and we'll be able to hog all the bandwidth during the earlier stages of the LTE deployment.

My OG Evo is falling apart, having issues with the power button and GPS signals (presumably from dropping it one too many times). The current debate is mainly between the
    -Evo 4G LTE (16 gb storage, unremovable battery, dual core S4 processor)
    -Galaxy Nexus (6 months old, 32gb storage, removable battery, dual core ARM processor)
    -Galaxy S3 (waiting another months or two, probably would've waited for it if it had quad-core like the Euro version)

17. mrm32

mrm32 Member

My Macbook won't let me read this thread.

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Going to go with 'don't hate the playa, hate the game' on this. Patent law is seriously flawed.

19. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

You can only see it on itunes only

20. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Besides the whole patent law ridiculousness, did anyone read the article?

The exclusion was granted back in December and HTC knew that their products would be reviewed by customs. Despite knowing that, HTC is trying to import their products a few days before launch. The delay is on HTC, not Apple.