1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another Moving Thread...Need Help in LA

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ROCKSS, Feb 6, 2003.

1. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

It looks like I may be transfered to Los Angeles within the next 3 months. I will be working in Commerce @ the UPRR yard which I believe is off of Washington. 6 years ago I lived in Rancho Cucamonga and I really liked the area although the drive would kill me since I will be working in LA. Any ideas of neighborhoods within a 30-40 min drive of Commerce? I realize Redondo beach and Manhattan beach are probably to expensive so I have almost given up hope of landing an apartment there. I would be looking for a 1 bedroom 1 bath apt, townhome,condo to rent. Any ideas would be a great help. My company will fly me out for a week to find a place so if I could have a general idea it would put me one step ahead of the ballgame.....any help is appreciated

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Leaving Omaha? Just when I was planning on my return trip this June. :D

3. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

If you want cheap, you have to live in the Valley (unfortunately). Rents are substantially cheaper there, and you could do the 101 to 5 to I-10 East to get to Commerce.

Having lived there for 12+ years, I do not envy you, and I will pray for your eventual move OUT of Los Angeles!

4. ROCKSS

After our third year of record profits, the UP decided to trim the workforce by 20% and relocate certain managers back into the field. It is our third staright year they have trimmed the workforce by 20%. If I am still here I will have to take you to a few spots down in the Old Market that are off the beaten path

5. ROCKSS

Thanks for the info! I am not thrilled about the move :(

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Sounds great! If UT makes it back, I'm going to make a whole week of it, and my money probably won't last long in Council Bluffs. :D

7. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Have you considered Los Feliz or Studio City?

8. ROCKSS

To be honest I have never heard of either. I plan on doing some legwork before I go and I can add these 2 to the list. Are they decent areas to live in?

9. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Studio City is where Universal Studios is. Many of the Universal employees live there...so it's a decent area.

Los Feliz is a nice area, not far from Griffith Park.