1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another hot for teacher

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by justtxyank, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I wouldn't necessarily call them pedophiles. These are high school boys, who for the most part are physically mature. These teachers are predators who abuse their power and get off on that.

2. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

If gender roles were reversed, it would still be called pedophilia......

Xerobull likes this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

What @TMac'n said. They're pedos. They're sick ****s.

If the age difference was less than 5 years and the younger person was 17, I can see it. But these are people 10+ years older than the kids they're banging. They're sick ****s.

Invisible Fan, TMac'n and ROXRAN like this.
  4. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Technically no, they're rapists.

Pedophilia involves a prepubescent minor. Once the child reaches puberty, it's statutory rape.

5. Xerobull

So an 8yo going through puberty isn't a child?

6. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Legally anyone under 18 (the age of majority in the U.S.) is considered a child.

My concern is that we're throwing around the word "Pedophile" so much lately that the meaning is almost losing it's severity. It's also being weaponized against marginalized communities. Let's reserve the word pedophiles for actual pedophiles and call the rapists a rapist.

#486 DFWRocket, Nov 23, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
  7. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

There is a double standard with gender roles, but it's more about the severity of judgments.

There's a clear difference between prepubescent and post-puberty. I agree that anyone in a relationship with a minor with more than 5 years age difference is a creep, but I wouldn't call a 22-year old dating a 17-year old a pedophile. Take that same situation in another country and it's perfectly legal.

8. Xerobull

I assure you, the term/label pedophile is very serious to me and millions of others in this country.

Let's not draw the line at puberty. Some kids go through it at a very young age. 12 is still a kid, and most people hit puberty by that age.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This gets lost so much, but definitions matter.

Pedophilia is an actual psychological disorder, defined with specific parameters. A 35 year old man seeing a 16 year old girl and thinking she is hot is not pedophilia. You can find it creepy and it would be rape in many states if they had (even consensual) sexual contact, but it is not pedophilia.

Pedophilia requires the minor to be prepubescent. It's a psychological disorder that causes someone to be attracted to children who have not gone through puberty. These are very different things and need to be treated very differently.

Rashmon, Slyonebluejay, Nook and 4 others like this.
  10. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

The legal and psyhcological world has already drawn the line. Yes, a 12yr old is still a child, but it's classified as statutory rape, not pedophilia. See Justtyanks post

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What if it's a 50yr old but looks like a 10yr oldt, what we got?

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah and the reason the definitions matter is because of who they are likely to target, etc.

Let's be honest. Any man is capable of seeing a girl and thinking "wow, she is hot" and then finding out she's 17 or 16. The stories of a guy sleeping with a girl that he thought was 19 and finding out she was 16 are real. That is not pedophilia. The reasons why we outlaw that are because of murky consent, power structure, reasoning, etc.

Pedophilia is children. Not overdeveloped young girls either. The whole point is the person wants a CHILD. Not a good looking girl that doesn't have baggage yet, but an actual "little girl" or "little boy." They are sick in the head, not being duped by a 16 year old girl with big boobs. A pedophile would NOT be attracted to THAT girl. We have to treat them differently because the pedophile is more likely to abduct, kill, become a predator because his mental illness is causing him to have urges about CHILDREN.

Rashmon and Yung-T like this.
  13. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

The age of majority is relevant to entering into contracts or having the ability to make your own decisions. The age of consent is more germane to this discussion which is 17 in Texas and 16 in many other states.

https://www.ageofconsent.net/states

Back to the discussion regarding the female teachers and why this is happening. My theory is that when they were in HS they likely didn’t get as much attention and now they have likely attractive, popular teens probably teasing and flirting with them.

If you include that with propinquity (which leads to a lot of workplace romances), and what I call the hero effect (where a woman confides to a sympathetic male about their situational unhappiness and the shoulder to cry on uses it to instigate a sexual relationship) and finally the anonymity and ease of social media to flirt and connect and here we are.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The hero effect. Lulz.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This thread is not what it used to be.

This is not the America I knew.

Please change thread title to “The science and classification of another hot for the teacher”

****ing geeks ruin everything

16. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I don't disagree with any of this. I only brought up the age of majority as it relates to the definition of a "child" because the other poster was equating pedophilia with children instead of prepubescent children. 16 year olds aren't usually prepubescent, but they are considered children. Therefore, the teacher is not a pedophile, but she is a rapist as this fits the definition of statutory rape.

17. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Yep agreed.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

*sign* Remember when the hot for Teacher thread had some Hot Teachers
    Now . . .. its just horny Teens will hit anything *grin*

Rocket River

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  19. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I think a lot of these female teacher types are still living in high school and just want a shot at the prom king or QB1 just like a lot of guys still daydream about the prom queen or head cheerleader. They get caught up in the fantasy of it and put themselves in a place where it is easy to give in to that fantasy and lose touch with reality. I'm sure some are predators, but I suspect a good number just never matured emotionally and never developed the impulse controls necessary to teach at that level... and let's not talk about college profs. (If there was social media in the late 1970s, half of my high school's English Department would have done prison time.)

Rocket River, Slyonebluejay and Nook like this.
  20. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

It seems like most of the women who do this look like the type of girl who was basically ignored by the cool kids in high school and they are trying to relive their teenage years. If they started getting the same type of sentences as men who commit the same offenses that might help stop it.

Rocket River likes this.