1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another Hijacked Plane in the Air

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jeff, Sep 11, 2001.

1. haven

haven Member

Up till now, he'd never done anything that would anger the US so much that they'd violate Afghanistan's borders. If we could prove that he was behind the attack, do you think we would do something? I wouldn't rule out massive military retaliation, if we knew it was him.

2. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Whomever it is that is behind this deserve to be tortured like no living thing on earth has ever been tortured before. **** killing them keep them alive like the guy did in the movie Seven. I can't imagine the hate that resides in a human being to perform an act such as this. All I can say is this is the worst thing any terrorist group could have done. Not only did they kill and injure many innocent people but they have just awaken the beast. They just united and angered the most powerfull nation in the world. :confused: :( :mad:

I'm saddened, pissed and confused all at the same time.

3. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

It's all clear in Colorado. Watching local news since 11 and we haven't had any problems. Thank God.

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I can see us bombing sites in Afghanistan where Bin Laden and his followers are known to hide until he gives up.

However, I don't see a full force invasion of Afghanistan to eliminate Bin Laden.

5. haven

haven Member

They're evil. Wrong. Mistaken. If it is indeed an Arab nationalist group as some indicate, they think they're doing this in revenge for our "oppression." The really horrible thing is that everyone will hurt from this. Americans have died, survivors live in fear, innocent Arabs will be unfairly blamed, and peace will be further away.

If these people are responsible, then they've just ruined their cause. Only a madman would do something like this.

I'm against the death penalty... but this is too horrible. Whoever did this needs to be put to sleep like a rabid dog. If for no other reason, than because no prison is secure enough.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Why? You don't think American's would be capable of doing something like this? No one thought that an American would blow up a federal building, but we were all wrong. What makes you so sure that it isn't an American?

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I also think that the fact that no one has claimed responsibility could mean two things (in addition to the fact that the usual suspects may not have realized the reaction to this). One thing is that they're not done. If someone claims responsibility now, they have focus on them. However, by keeping quiet, it seems like they'd have a better chance of executing more horrific acts. It could also mean the people responsible don't want to be known...a la McVeigh. He didn't call in after the bombing to claim responsibility.

8. ArtVandolet

ArtVandolet Member

Given the targets, domestic terrorism is not high on the list. Pentagon? Maybe. WTC? No. This points to international terrorism. They don't want to confess in public because of the ramifications. They are true cowards.

And I do think a full invasion is not only possible, but likely.

#28 ArtVandolet, Sep 11, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2001
  9. Nomar

Nomar Member

I agree with RM95. They probably arent done yet.

I disagree with Smokey. Thats laughable. If Bin Laden was found to be responsible, and in Afghanistan, and being harbored there, there would be a full scale invasion.

Actaully first, there would be massive air strikes. Then, full scale invasion.

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We all know how well invasion went in Afghanistan for the Russians.:rolleyes:

To do this would be a big mistake. It would be like Vietnam part 2, only the Russians have already given the locals plenty of time in advance to brush up on their guerrilla fighting skills.

11. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

One thing's for sure, this act will cause all out war to be declared on terrorism. The free nations of the world will join forces & hopefully, many of the Middle Eastern countries will join in as well, to eradicate terrorism around the world.

As Scarface inferred, they've woken a sleeping giant. Apparently, they've not read the history of the United States, because if they had, they'd know that these kinds of disasters pull our country together everytime. Let me repeat that, These kinds of disasters pull our country together EVERYTIME!!!

I don't mean to indicate that the value of American lives are worth more than any other nation's, but the terrorists were better off by just hitting smaller targets overseas. By carrying out what could be the single largest act of terrorism in history, as Haven indicated, they've just destroyed their cause.

One thing that has always bugged me, is that these terrorists claim they are religious men. Now, I don't mean to slam anyone's religion, but what kind of God do they believe in, that would cause them to think they are glorifing him by killing thousands of innocent people? The only one that I can think of is SATAN. :mad:

12. ArtVandolet

ArtVandolet Member

It wouldn't be a fight like Vietnam. There we were trying to get people out of a country that didn't belong to them (like Iraq). I think the fight would be more of a bomb and invade. We must strike and strike like no one ever has.

13. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

It would be easy if it is connected to Afganistan. We would know how to react, and we could stand behind a military retaliation.

If it is, however, some American group, now that would be scary......