1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another Dog Attacked My Dog

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by K LoLo, May 10, 2010.

1. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

When coming home from spending Mother's day with my mom, me and my gal were returning to my apartment to drop off my dog. We see this rottweiler across the commons area of the apartment with no leash, so we turn around to get out of there. Anyway, the rott runs at us and they both get in to a dog fight. The rott bit my dog in the back of the neck leaving an gash. Once we got the rott of, my girl and my dog ran to the back of my car and jumped in. She barely got the door closed...the other dog was less than a foot away from jumped in there too once the door was closed.

We called the police and they said nothing could be done since it was dog-on-dog. Animal control said the same thing.

The apartment complex said they would take action, but wouldnt say what. I've already talked to the owner. His dog was just out, no leash or collar. And his door was wide open and the owner wasnt home. He said he would pay for vet bills, but really, I'd like to see more justice served.

You mean to tell me that dogs can just go around biting other dogs and nothing will ever get done about it?

Anyone know any course of action I could take to see if something can be done?

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Spare the dog, shoot the owner.

3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Cook the other dog and feed it to yours. Simple if you ask me.

1 person likes this.
  4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Is your dog Korean?

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Where do you leave? A lot of cities have leash laws.

Sucks to hear that man. I'd go insane if another dog attacked mine. Luckily, I have some pretty tough dogs. A pit charged mine a few weeks ago, when I was walking my Beagle and her Beagle/pitbull puppies, and as soon as he tried to bite one he had the whole pack on his ass.

Owners who let their dogs out with out leashes are morons. Seriously, which is sad for their dog, because I had NO remorse seeing my dog bitting his since mine were on a leash and his charged mine.

6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Yes he is. Everyday I go hunting for dogs (and cats) to keep him from eating himself.

1 person likes this.
  7. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I live in Houston. But, HPD said they couldnt do anything because it was inside the apartment when they came (a neighbor led the dog in there).

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

That's pretty lame.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

At least he does nails well.

SINGH'IN IN THE RAIN is such much better than BLOWIN' IN THE NGUYEN

10. da_juice

da_juice Member

Kill the dog.

11. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

This^. The owner should take the full brunt of heat generated by an unruly dog. Also, if a dog attacks my Marley, the appartments, animal services, and the cops won't have to worry about too much, because the dog simply wouldn't be around anymore. Hell, I'd even help the owner find a place to burry it.

12. cson

cson Contributing Member

You gots a shovel?

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What sort of justice do you have in mind?

14. Bigpetelikeiron

My thoughts exactly. Also what type of dog do you own?(just curious)

15. Prince

Prince Member

Very pitchy dawg!

16. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Honestly, I'd like for the owner to be evicted. He obviously isnt taking care of his dog properly. My complex has a lot of dog owners, and we all have to avoid this guy and his dog.

He's already bitten a different dog before mine too, while on the leash, the guy cant even control it. The dog isnt really safe. He lives on the second floor, and the dog looks out the window and lunges every time it sees another dog. Its even cracked the glass. Sometimes the window is left open too and the dog looks like its going to jump out to attack other dogs.

17. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I don't have any advice for you, but as a dog owner myself I am so sorry that happened to your special friend. That is just horrible.

18. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I own a shepherd mix. He's about 50 lbs. The Rott seems to be 75 to 100.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

File a formal written complaint with your apt complex and then pull up your contract. It should have specific language regarding pets. Tell them to enforce the rules or threaten a small claims suit against them.

20. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

If the owner is an ass, I would say sue him. I mean letting an unpredictable rottweiler running free is careless. If this rottweiler attack another dog, I wouldn't be surprise that is capable of attacking little kids.