1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another Day Another Uneducated Angry White Trumpanzee

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Granville

Granville Member

It's your job to align your kids with your family values. We're not your kids. It's not your responsibility to correct everything you "think" is wrong.

At best you used a bad analogy. But here begins 30 posts by you saying you didn't.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well my bad. I guess being a Neo-Nazi or White Supremacist isn't wrong anymore. I guess it really is being normalized nowadays, at least by the right.

Even the so called 'moderate' right wingers like yourself seem very hesitant to speak out on it.

Also hilarious to me that you are trying to tell me that 'we're not your kids' but you've taken a scolding parental tone all throughout this thread man. Nearly every single post here is you scolding people about forum etiquette.

3. Granville

Granville Member

You never disappoint... take care.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You spent this whole thread avoiding the actual discussion to just discuss me...

I just don't want to see you attack someone for making a joke about a disability any more, after all...

I mean what is even wrong and right any more in America?

My bad for ever attempting to call out racism when I see it.

5. Spooner

Spooner Member

As I've said many times, I never supported Hillary. I guess pointing out statistics makes me a Hillary supporter?? 72% non college vote is one of the largest by far in the entire history of the United States. That many uneducated people voted for someone and he still lost the popular vote by two million. Where do you think those other votes came from? Its a little sad how you and many others here see things in such a binary way. I didn't even say anything about Trump in my statement. I just offered statistics and frankly, it makes you a little uncomfortable. The only way you know how to deal with that is to label me a liberal. Go ahead and do that. (even though I'm not) In the meantime you should really try to make sense of the things in front of us going on right now. Instead of reverting to tribalism, strive to be better. I don't post very much in D&D because I don't really care to be a part of this perpetual cycle. One party does something bad and you guessed it, there are 3-4 posters who frantically defend their party's ideology. How to break the cycle? Stop labeling people just because they have a difference of opinion or (in my case) just brought up a stat regarding the topic of this particular thread. You think you understand the problem as you felt the need to express that in your statement, but the real problem is your inability to transcend the very binary and illusory idea of the current US political climate. It's ok and healthy to look at things for what they are instead of associating all of it to a particular affiliation. (Liberals are arrogant. Conservatives are racist.) Grow up.

6. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

So, should we post all the links of uneducated black people beating people up for no reason, like the one where the guy was drug out of his car, for no particular reason at all? Nah....that would be like showing a video to a rock...it won't change the rock's opinion, and wastes my time.

7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I did not call you a liberal; I called you a Hillary supporter. Fact is, the number of non-college educated voters has nothing to do with the number of white college-educated male voters.

You did not interpret the data correctly on two accounts:
    • First, the 72% figure you cited is based on white non-college-educated voters - not all non-college-educated voters. For reference, according to CNN, 51% of non-college graduates voted for Trump and 42% of college graduates voted for Trump. These two demographics were evenly split among total voters - 50-50. Also, Trump won 51% of those of have some college education.
    • Second, that figure about white non-college-educated voters has absolutely nothing to do with the number of white college-educated male voters.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Sure, as soon as a black supremacist sympathizer who surrounds himself with black supremacists is in the White House. What is it about reality that forces you to post false equivalency garbage in response?

9. Spooner

Spooner Member

51% of non-college graduates voted for Trump and 42% of college graduates voted for Trump.

In reference to the OP then, most college graduates did not vote for Trump. Can we agree on that? That is what I was disputing when someone claimed most college educated voters voted Trump. Interesting how the 72% of white non college educated voters makes up basically 51% of overall non-college voters. Two take aways.
    1. Contrary to what I was responding to, the higher the level of education, the less votes for Trump. Fact.
    2. Going from 72% (all white) to 51% (overall non-college) highlights that a clear majority of white uneducated people voted for Trump. Fact.
    3. I never supported Hillary.

Make of that information what you will, but it should be disconcerting to say the least. The demographic that you apparently support are in the stats you so kindly provided so own it.

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You should check you blood pressure and chill out. Before you end up a mess. I've been there.

11. CometsWin

I'm very chilled out. Thanks bro. ;)

12. Dei

Dei Member

Oh wow. What a time to bring up white privilege after just comparing white people to apes. What if I called BLM a bunch of monkeys that escaped from the zoo?

#52 Dei, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  13. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

There is no history of the ape/monkey being used as a racial epithet for white people as is so with black people. Calling a black person a monkey is clearly a direct reference to the belief that all black people are not human. However, calling a white BLM person a monkey would have a similar affect as it would have on any white person. There would likely be some anger for being called something other than human but it would carry the same weight as if you had called a black person a giraffe.

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Just stop with the racial pity party, dude. You're completing dismissing that MANY people voted for Trump for his policies. Ignorance on your part. Think deeper.

15. CometsWin

Facts not in evidence but points for using "many people" in true Trump buffoonery fashion. Try harder troll.

16. bigtexxx

so your position is that the majority of voters went for Trump because racism. Fits your desired narrative, but false.

17. CometsWin

Many people are saying you've lost a step intellectually. Sad, keep at it bro.

18. bigtexxx

You've gone delirious! You should take a break from the board to gather yourself. You're clearly unhinged.

Baba Booey and Bandwagoner like this.
  19. CometsWin

You made an unsubstantiated claim and now you're backpedaling from it. That's just lazy bro. Do better.

20. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I get what you are saying...but applying double standards like this is a big part of the problem.

Case in point...were people to actually refer to some blacks as giraffes...I can guarantee there would be an outcry.