1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another day another mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, Nov 8, 2018.

1. HTM

HTM Member

The study results suggest the opposite.

We find that men who are more dissatisfied with the size of their penises are less likely to personally own guns across outcomes, including any gun ownership, military-style rifle ownership, and total number of guns owned.

For some reason you're merely putting the hypothesis in bold?

2. No Worries

No Worries Member

So it should been ... Incels with large d*cks are the real problem???

I admit I read that too quickly. I thought that the finding was men with small dicks buy guns and then are happy with their dick size.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

looks like they tried it in a small town…

Two people were killed and eight wounded in a mass shooting Friday outside of a grocery store in Fordyce, Arkansas, state police said. One law enforcement officer was among those wounded and has non-life-threatening injuries, police said.

Arkansas State Police responded to the Mad Butcher grocery store at 11:30 a.m. local time on Friday. The shooter was critically injured and has been taken into custody, police said.

"I have been briefed on the tragic shooting in Fordyce, and I'm in constant contact with State Police at the scene. I am thankful to law enforcement and first responders for their quick and heroic action to save lives. My prayers are with the victims and all those impacted by this," Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders said on social media

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

Mass shootings in gun loving Alabama this past week have been horrific. Just last week there were 7 Dead and 10 Injured in two separate incidents in one day in Birmingham.

Then you have this sicko, shooting his wife, two kids and relatives in the head with a handgun. The victims were his 24 year old wife, a 2-year-old, two 6-year-olds and a 9-year-old.

Screenshot_20240721-144015.png

Nope, not an illegal, just another sicko with a gun who slaughtered his wife and four little children. We probably won't see pictures of these victims worn on T-shirts by MAGA Republicans, or talked about at Trump rallies since the killer was a white guy from Alabama.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/alabama-bibb-county-shooting/story?id=112108472

5. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

6. JoeBarelyCares

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

8. Two Sandwiches

I was listening to a podcast recently on the Uvalde shooting. I had to turn it off after a while.

Partly because it was heartbreaking to listen to, thinking of the victims and the scars left in that town, in general, and partly because my own 6 year old had started first grade that week. Makes me sick to my stomach thinking about these things.

The fact that our politicians will not address anything in regards to them should be enough to get them all voted out.

Nook, T_Man, rocketsjudoka and 6 others like this.
  9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

It's too soon to talk about gun control. Thoughts and prayers are what's needed right now.

Nook, Two Sandwiches, mtbrays and 4 others like this.
  10. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

It is sad that the thread I started years ago has already reached over 200 pages. Sad and pathetic

11. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

Wow first grade!! Do they do any active shooter drills/lessons that young? I am all for people having guns but get some dam guard rails up, the politicians we have in Texas wont do jack **** about gun control, there to busy posing for Xmas photos with their AR

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  12. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Man I remember my biggest danger concern in elementary were tornado drills.

Two Sandwiches and ROCKSS like this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

The gun culture in this country is toxic as hell. We got a gun fetish culture. It's sick and cringe.

But here's the thing. If people want to ban the future sale of assault rifles like the AR-15, then you have to do a forced gun confiscation which will result in violent insurrections throughout the country.

Why? Because no way in hell should we ban future sale of semiautomatic rifles and just have a bunch of right wing dudes be grandfathered in to them. We have to worry about the safety of immigrants and lgbtq communities. The police are often on the side of the right wing militias in political ideology. These communities can't count on law enforcement.for their protection.

So now you have law enforcement and right wing groups with the only entities with these type of weapons?

Hell no. So that means you can't grandfather in existing right wingers. You have to take it from them.

I'm sorry but that's the reality. Immigrant groups and other groups that are often the targets of right wing hate rhetoric deserve their safety.

#4033 fchowd0311, Sep 4, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2024
    Nook likes this.
  14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

Father of school shooting victim shames MTG for 'praying today instead of reacting'

"I'm just listening to the quotes from members of Congress, and they're praying?" Oliver noted. "They're asking us to pray, and everyone is listening to them.

"You have a governor in that place that is asking us to pray, to join his family and pray," he continued. "That is not enough, and that is not working."

Oliver predicted that pro-gun politicians would recommend making schools more secure with metal detectors and armed teachers.

"Shame on anyone that is praying today instead of reacting before," he said.

Video of father on link below

https://www.rawstory.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-school-shooting/

Two Sandwiches and ROCKSS like this.
  15. juicystream

juicystream Member

#4035 juicystream, Sep 4, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2024
    Nook, Two Sandwiches and ROCKSS like this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

It’s sad that it’s not surprising or even shocking anymore. It’s almost expected that when school starts again there will be a school shooting.

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

There really isn’t a long term functional solution without a major change in culture. It will take when a critical mass of people across the political spectrum agree that we don’t need to have so many firearms.

I don’t know if I’ll live to see a time like that.

REEKO_HTOWN and fchowd0311 like this.
  18. MexAmercnMoose

thoughts and prayers time....surely God will listen this time LULZ

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

What makes this worse in terms of national discourse is since it's prime election season, you can expect an avalanche of conspiracies about it being a false flag operation to ban firearms.

Man I hope the families can tune that **** out with a great supper system. They are going to need it.

Nook, REEKO_HTOWN and Astrodome like this.
  20. dmoneybangbang

Tots and pears since prayer ain’t working