1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another day another mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Wouldn't you say most of it are from the inability to be trained, poor training itself, or a lack of attention to detail? Now imagine soldiers with zero training.

Well-regulated can be well trained in how to use deadly weapons.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kids bringing AR-15's to class? Ok, you're just trolling now.

VooDooPope and ROCKSS like this.
  3. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Yes. In fact, many people give their children alcohol (who among us didn't have a drink before 21) and gamble (I regularly played poker with family and friends).
    People want children to undergo permanent body modification and sterilization, but don't want them to be able to defend themselves and treat injuries. I think they should be able to do all of the above, personally.
    I didn't question your parenting, I said if you parented them well, I don't have an issue with them having an AR-15. I have known plenty of minors with guns, and not one of them shot anyone.
    If they don't shoot up anything, what is the danger of them having the gun? I'm questioning the absolutely brain dead idea that children should be doing so in grade school and that thinking otherwise is the bad parenting.[/quote]
    It isn't that thinking otherwise is bad parenting. Well parented children frequently handle firearms safely. So I am not concerned with well parented children having guns, just like I am not concerned with well parented children gambling or driving.
    You are welcome to do so. I don't think they like having their time wasted on your Internet fantasies though.
    I believe in freedom and personal responsibility.
    Did you think there were millions of children killed in schools that regularly had firearms present and just no one has bothered to mention it?

#3443 StupidMoniker, May 9, 2023
    Last edited: May 9, 2023
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's one thing to let your kid gamble and drink from the public eye which is wrong already. U are outright suggesting we should let them do it in public against the law if they want to/educated enough.

Go let your kids do it in public and folks will call the cps on your A$$.

5. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Laws can be weird, yes. It is no different to the health of the child if you give them a beer at home or in a restaurant, it is simply legal one place and illegal the other. I would suggest not that the law be broken, but rather that the law be changed.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If a kid brings a rifle to school, they should be shot as they are more likely to be a threat to kill other students than practicing self defense.

Consequences of a kid drinking a beer vs carrying a loaded AR-15 to class are not the same thing by a light year.

VooDooPope likes this.
  7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I said it before and I'll say it again. It's not so much the guns, but the gun culture in this country. Too many people buying guns because they are scared or as compensations for their small penises. The zombie apocalypse is not a good reason to own a gun. Too many imaginary scenarios that someone protects themself with a gun so they end up shooting kids playing hide and seek in their yard.

Too many people that look like this at the gun range and store talking about some pretend tactical self defense situation.

[​IMG]

8. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    Let's pretend for a minute that the lunatic fringe left gets their way and guns are confiscated. Let me tell you what will happen next: Some portion of law abiding citizens will turn in their guns. Criminals, the mentally ill, and those prone to crime will not turn in their guns. Police officers and members of the federal government will not turn in their guns. So the end result is to disarm the law abiding segment of the populace, thereby stripping away their ability to protect themselves and their families from the criminals. Any student of history will tell you that a government's power increases exponentially when the populace is disarmed. Any student of history will tell you that governments have murdered millions upon millions of people over the years.

My predicted outcome of the liberals gun control policy: 10x uptick in gun-related murders.

If you really want to know why Democrats push gun control, it's to increase the power of the federal government and reduce the power of the people. Most rank-and-file liberals get swept away with emotion and don't even realize they are being played... in order for the Democrats/Federal Government to use them in their never-ending quest for greater power.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Americans are idiots.

We are letting guns and gun ownership play way to large a part in our life.

10. Nook

Nook Member

These assholes don't care how it impacts children either.

B-Bob and Andre0087 like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

It is all of the above.

There are entirely too many guns.

There are entirely too many selfish people that buy into this idea of rugged individualism.

The laws are entirely to lax.

12. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Far more children would die if only criminals + the government had guns. Think about a policy's ultimate impact -- you have to think 3 steps ahead. Democrats' policies are well-intentioned, but poorly designed and simply do not work effectively. Very short-sighted.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Show us statistics that support your statement, please.

I think the opposite is true.

FrontRunner and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We’re not going to have a massive gun confiscation in the foreseeable future. All firearms in the US aren’t going to be banned. That’s either a Liberal wet dream or a Conservative boogeyman.

That is an unrealistic argument that won’t work practically or Constitutionally.

What this is about though is making sure those who shouldn’t have firearms such as those with criminal history, mentally ill, those who have a history of violence or a high likelihood of violence don’t have firearms.

we here a lot of talk of rights but rights also require responsibilities. When people are making arguments that even children should have firearms show how skewed the view is of just rights without responsibility.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  15. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Let's just not have guns and have sex with our women instead.

mdrowe00, Andre0087 and jo mama like this.
  16. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

you said we have "30 years of hostile gun reform". we have not had 30 years of banning and confiscation. in fact, over the last 30 years we have had an extreme loosening of gun regulations, especially here in texas. youre creating a strawman argument here.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

lol, who the fk is that stupid to think they are the same

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

What a coward. If only he led a group of people that were elected to make laws that could address the gun violence problem in America...

19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I'm down with that...

mdrowe00 likes this.
  20. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member