1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another day another mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Buck Turgidson

Every week or three there's a news story about a kid killing themself because they were playing with a loaded, unsecured gun.

In a perfect world guns aren't the problem. Unfortunately in the actual world, gun owners are.

ROCKSS, Xopher, Surfguy and 1 other person like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It also doesn't help that a disproportionate amount of gun owners are sucked into media content that is designed to remove basic empathy away from their mind. Statically in America a gun owner is more likely to be watching content that praises the likes of Rittenhouse, the chokehold dude etc. They are watching content that strokes their ego about being vigilante heros. It's a pure id philosophy being pumped into the brains of most gun owners in America.

This country has a basic emotional maturity problem.

#3362 fchowd0311, May 8, 2023
    Last edited: May 8, 2023
    Buck Turgidson likes this.
  3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Did you really just suggest the gun fired by itself?

Which brings up a great point, thanks. Weapons without safety and trigger pull weight should be highly regulated.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Also media content that turns young males into a bunch of mini Andrew Tates. That doesn't help gun violence.

5. Buck Turgidson

I'm going to speak up for the Hill Country "redneck" contingent, my very large extended family and circle of friends, I don't know a single person who I wouldn't trust as a gun owner. It's the other people who scare me.

Gun safety was drilled into my brain at a very young age by my dad and both granddads. Daisy Red Rider BB >> .22 short and 410 single shot >> lever action 30/30 >> other stuff.

Like you're saying, the fetishization of guns in America is quite literally insane.

I remember my dad and his buddies sitting around a campfire and talking about cancelling their memberships to the NRA back in the late 80's, when as he said "it turned from an outdoors and sporting organization into a propaganda machine"

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

let me introduce you to the Sig P230 lmao

didn’t even need to click the link

7. Buck Turgidson

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What baked my noodle was just how easy it was to kill someone. The accuracy and speed at which you can hit a stationary target is incredible.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All gun sales must be registered, all guns have a reg, all owners licensed with mental health clearance.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  10. HTM

HTM Member

Glorification of guns via video games, movies and music isn't doing anyone in America any favors.

People like to dump on those ^ things as boogeymen but It's hard not to notice a Call of Duty effect on young men when you go to a range. Bunch of 18-22 year old's festooned like they are seal team 6, the notion comes from somewhere.

Newlin and FrontRunner like this.
  11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except Japan and Korea has had just as much if not more violent video games. Yet, they don't have the same degree of problems.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

15. HTM

HTM Member

Yea, well, they don't have access to guns like we do, obviously. The problem is, of course, multi-faceted.

One of the facets is the glorification of guns in video games, movies and music (media).

Then there are other facets.

#3375 HTM, May 8, 2023
    Last edited: May 8, 2023
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Try once more you were so close.

LondonCalling likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

But these are all global things, right?

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

not only a racist white supremacist Nazi lover, but apparently also an angry incel and lover of violence

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

there are many people like this in this country

19. HTM

HTM Member

I said its doing us no favors. I didn't say it was the end all be all of the problem.

It's one facet of a multi-faceted problem.

Not many countries have a population who 1. Have access to all this media/can afford it 2. Legally purchase these weapons 3. Afford such weapons if they could legally purchase them.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  20. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

WTF, it may be legal to do this but in this day and age if a leo rolls up on this guy, how do you think it will end? If someone was minding his own business and this guy is walking at you with an assault rifle, would that person get scared and fire at him and claim he was scared for his life? I get it you can do it, but why do you need to..............this isn't the friggin OK Corral. but, but , but....its his right to, well if you literally want to die on that hill go right ahead

Reeko likes this.