1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another day another mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Depends.

If she was raised a conservative Muslim and she shot up a conservative Islamic school, it would probably not be much different.

The shooter was raised in a very religious, Christian home and she shot up a Christian school.

People can draw their own conclusions - and they are conveniently drawing conclusions that fit their own political narrative.

All while we have children being murdered by other children with guns and no one in a position of authority is doing anything about it.

#2921 Nook, Apr 1, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
    mdrowe00 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

No one has said it's impossible to know.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can accept they the shooter’s motive was out of hatred for Christianity. That doesn’t change addressing the means that this was carried out.

it would be like saying that 911 was carried out by Islamic extremists but not addressing that they used hijacked airplanes to do it.

Nook likes this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

We don't know that yet. The "manifesto" has been withheld.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes we don’t know for certain but if that is the case it would make sense. Given that is known is far.

#2925 rocketsjudoka, Apr 1, 2023
  6. HTM

HTM Member

The point is the “hate” nature of the crime would be alluded to, stated or the main under current of any coverage of the shooting up of an elementary school associated with other religions.

With Christians that’s not the case.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Those don't surprise me - I think a lot of people have suppressed transgenderism as being gay because of the stigma associated with it. It will be illuminating as more research into the genetics of gender is done.

#2927 Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 1, 2023
  8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

back in my day it was goth/emo

now they just identify as LBGTQABCDXYZ as a pathetic/shallow means of rebellion or claiming victim status

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Given 2/3 of Americans want gun control (that's a lot of Republicans), it makes sense to create a system to better track and limit guns to sane individuals. I have no problem with a responsible gun owner who is mentally fit having a gun license and owning a gun. Someone like @ROXRAN clearly is of sound mind for example, and I would trust owning a gun. It's people who have mental issues - history of depression, psychiatric issues, etc - that should not be allowed to have a gun in their possession, and certainly not allowed to purchase one. And again, guns should be tracked like cars are. If you have a gun that is not in a database with the full history of ownership, that should be a serious crime.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FTFY

astros123 likes this.
  11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm still wondering why there isn't a bullistic database for every gun that is manufactured prior to purchase. The police should already know what exact gun was used (unless the barrel was altered) in a crime before recovering the actual weapon. If more information is known prior to a crime, it seems investigations would be easier

Sweet Lou 4 2 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

lol…the guy was certifiable a couple years ago. I wouldn’t trust him with a BB gun.

subtomic likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. Xopher

Xopher Member

Did you read the ABC article? It was a person referring to himself as a Christian Terrorist.

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I was not doubting that people exist who regard themselves as such. I only responded to the assertion that such news headlines don't exist. They do.

16. Xopher

Xopher Member

You specifically called out ABC News. You also had to go back almost 20 years to find a mainstream news source using "Christian Terrorist"The entire article was about someone calling himself a "Christian Terrorist" and telling others to become one. It was not a descriptor ABC News was giving. If someone was going around calling themselves a "Trans Terrorist" and telling others to do the same and go out and kill people, using the term "Trans Terrorist" would be absolutely acceptable to use in the headline.

A Call to Arms for 'Christian Terrorists'
    ByABC News
    January 20, 2004, 12:20 PM

Jan. 22, 2004 -- -- An anti-abortion activist, calling for a new wave of violence against clinics and doctors, is following the example of violent Islamic fundamentalists, telling those who share his views to become "Christian terrorists" and promising them a reward in Heaven.

"As cream rising to the top of the milk, so the Christian terrorist rises above the huddled masses of churchgoers and the many voices which denounce their violent attempts to defend the innocent from they're [sic] murderous assailants," Chuck Spingola wrote in a posting on the Army of God Web site.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

18. Xopher

Xopher Member

They didn't call themselves a "militant transgender" they also said if transphobes come for them. Sounds like self defense to me. I do not see them advocating going out and attacking anyone. So the "militant tansgender" description does not seem accurate unless the person referred to theirself as one or advocated for unprovoked violence. Are we going to start calling every straight white guy who takes videos with guns a Straight white militant?

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

So transgender people can do no wrong. OK.

20. Xopher

Xopher Member

Where the hell did you come up with that from what I said?

Amiga and mdrowe00 like this.