1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another day another mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, Nov 8, 2018.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Really? Seemed like a normal statement to me, paying respects to the victims but also wanting to get ahead of the issues that right wing groups have already made this about.

Sometimes some things just need to be said. Perhaps it would be nice to get a little bit more information before releasing a statement but right wing media has gone after transgendered people hard after this issue. They went away quickly from the side door and focused on the fact the individual referred to himself as he.

3. HTM

HTM Member

We talk about the race, gender, political ideologies, motivations of every mass shooter.

It's not like if it's a white, male, right winger all those facts aren't highlighted.

Houstunna and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. astros123

astros123 Member

Its genuinely amazing how brainwashed you MAGA cult is. You think it's "normal" to have the ivanka trumps trademarks approved THE SAME TIME THEY SIGNED A TRADE DEAL. You wanna talk about how they somehow paid hunter under the table for influence when trump literally is negotiating a trillion dollar trade deal with China while their approving hia daughter business. Trademarks in China take YEARS to approve while hers somehow approved in a few weeks and you trumpers are dumb enough to think nothing happened.

Are you that stupid that you don't realize ivanka made over SIX HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS from her chinnese business. You think trump didn't pull any favors for her? Good God you're a moron.

It's totally normal for a president daughter to have a billion dollar business trademarks approved the same week he's negotiating a trade deal

#2724 astros123, Mar 29, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
  5. astros123

astros123 Member

They gave jared 2 BILLION dollars to open a investing firm when he didn't have a single shred of experience. And you're saying the few million supposedly they tried to influence hunter is a national story? Jared never had a investment firm or any bs before the trump WH. It's totally normal for foreign government to throw you billions when you have no experience LOL.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/kushners-2-billion-investment-saudi-backed-fund-concealed-sec-rules-2023-2?amp

Are you genuinely this stupid? Does your brainwashed brain even realize jared and Ivanka WERE OFFICAL EMPLOYEES OF THE GOVERNMENT while making hundreds of millions by foreign governments.

Why are you trumpers so utterly naive. It hurts my brain how stupid your talking points are.

#2725 astros123, Mar 29, 2023
  6. Xopher

Xopher Member

They also gave Jared they money AGAINST the advice of the fund's advisors, but MBS pushed it through anyway.

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It would have been highly irresponsible to publish a headline about a racially motivated killing when the motive was not yet known. It is more appropriate to wait until the motive is confirmed. We now know that those gunmen were racist and targeted minorities.

The motive for this particular gunman is still unknown. The police have stated that the victims were not specifically targeted and believe that the killing was random. Therefore, the headline posted by NYP is highly irresponsible.

Regardless of the circumstances, the media should exercise caution in disclosing information about the shooter and details about the shooting to prevent the "contagion" effect that has been observed. As there have been enough mass shootings to observe this effect, media outlets should be held accountable for their role in contributing to it.

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The Left always wants censorship of facts when the facts don't fit their desired narratives (see: Covid). But when they do, expect them to harp on them, without restraint.

Houstunna likes this.
  9. astros123

astros123 Member

I just don't get these people. Like do they sincerely believe what they post or are they trolling? They're upset the chinnese paid hunter 2 million to attempt to purchase influence but somehow don't think it's weird jared was given 2 billion or ivanka had hundreds of millions of dollars of trademarks be expedited the same week the trade deals were agreed upon. Trade marks in China take YEARS to complete while hers got approved in a month. How are you so dumb @Trader_Jorge

It's so insane how half of America is literally living in another world with alternate facts. How are they naive

The left doesn't spin braindead conspiracies all day on social media.

#2729 astros123, Mar 29, 2023
  10. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

I watched the video of the officers responding. It was so disturbing. How anyone could possibly do that to a child is heart wrenching. Trans or not special place in Hell for that b***.

Houstunna and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

1. Kushner was and is an investor. That's his business and has been for a long time. Being given money to invest on behalf of another investor is not the same as being given money to keep (I can't believe this has to be explained, lol).

2. Ivanka Trump had a branded line of clothing and fashion products. Trademarks are used to protect the brand. You don't get a windfall dollar payment when a trademark is issued (lol). Revenue comes in on the sale of these trademarked products when people purchase them. Profit is made when revenues exceed costs. So if you honestly think Ivanka was literally given $600 million to keep as profit for the issuance of trademarks, then you have far too many learning curves to get up before you can even understand the issue.

3. Hunter Biden was in the business of selling access to his father -- which is totally illegal and corrupt.

4. Liberals have been spreading conspiracy theories for years, and they've been getting knocked down one-by-one. Examples: COVID came from a person eating a bat, Covid vaccines prevent you from getting Covid, Cloth masks stop an airborne virus (lol), Hunter's laptop is Russian disinfo, Trump colluded with the Russians to influence the 2016 election, Ballot harvesting didn't happen in the 2020 election, Russians leaked DNC emails in the 2016 election... shall I continue?

Educate yourself. Be better. Stop watching propaganda media shows masquerading as "news". You'll never be as talented as The_Conquistador, but with many years of study you can improve yourself tremendously by striving towards that goal.

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

That is factually a false statement due to generalization without exception.

13. astros123

astros123 Member

The funny thing here is you think you're smart and you know what you're talking about but in reality you're just full of ****.

1. Jared kusher had ZERO experience running a private equity firm. You can make up whatever bullshit you want it doesnt make it true. The panel that reviews all of saudis investments said, "inexperience[d],” that the kingdom would be responsible for “the bulk of the investment and risk,” that its fee seemed “excessive,” and that the firm’s operations were “unsatisfactory in all aspects.” Given those reservations, it warned that the country’s Public Investment Fund should stay far, far away from Kushner’s firm"
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/05/jared-kushner-affinity-partners-saudi-arabia

If you think for a second that the saudis paid him for anything other then access to trump then you're a bigger moron then i thought.

2. Again the patents were FAST TRACKED right after trump got elected. Every single patent she ever received before took on average 2 years longer AND ivanka business got special tax treatment within local chinese provinces. I can literally go on and on about their chinnese connections but you're not worth my time or energy

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommyb...hina-after-trump-was-elected/?sh=1c9477531d60

I just find it so funny that you claim hunter biden is somehow the most corrupt story ever when youre on the floor bootlicking the biggest criminal in us history. I literally pity you. You trumpers are literally the most brainwashed people ive ever seen in my entire life and ive traveled 37 countries.

The biggest threat to America is MAGA cult. Period

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

How can someone in the year 2023 trick their brain into drivel like this? This isn’t the age of newspapers. It’s all there right in front of you and you are simply tricked to root for team.

news flash TJ. They are all corrupt. Biden and his family. Obama. Pelosi. And gasp Trump and his family as well.

Here you sit though on your corner of the internet trying to type of how those two (daughter and son In law) Saudi/China deals were super legit and nothing to see.

There is NO hope for you. Incapable of seeing through the cheerleading fog of your R team.

I am confident in saying that if those identical situations were attached to the other team you would sit here and type how corrupt it is. While Hunter Biden was Trump’s son you would type out the same post showing he did nothing wrong finding your ‘sources’ then rationalizing your way with word salad showing it was super legit normal business deal.

All for the team brah!!!

ROCKSS likes this.
  15. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

What's particularly fulfilling for me is that just in the span of a few posts, I've educated people. At the beginning of this exchange, we literally had a person who thought being granted a trademark was the same as being handed $600 million. And we had a person who thought that managing money was the same thing as taking money. And we had a person who thought that Hunter Biden was not involved in corruption... and that his laptop was a dud! In the span of a few short posts, education has taken place. Those arguments are no longer being put forth. Feels good. Another victory for The_Conquistador!

16. Xopher

Xopher Member

1. You are absolutely correct. He did real estate investments which is a far cry from an equity firm.

Even Kellyanne Conway said Kushner made all kinds of money while in the Trump Administration and it wasn't just off the Saudi Deal

"Kellyanne, is that a fair question about Jared Kushner?” asked MacCallum.

Incredibly, Conway conceded that Kushner profited off Trump’s presidency to the tune of billions.

“Well, Jared, of course, is the only person I think who has benefitted in the billions – with a ‘B’ – from the Trump presidency. That’s for sure,” she replied. “But look, I think whataboutism isn’t gonna work here.”

ROCKSS likes this.
  17. Xopher

Xopher Member

You have piss poor reading comprehension skills. We all know Kushner wasn't given 2 Billion to keep. He was given it to manage. Something he is wholly unqualified to do to and something the officials in Saudi Arabia recommended against yet they were overruled by MBS. Kushner is being given 25 million a year to manage this money whether me makes the Saudis a dime or loses it all.

Now onto Ivanka. China has granted her a total of 41 patents. However ALL the ones applied for AFTER her Daddy became President were issued over 40% quicker than those granted before Daddy became President.

ROCKSS and astros123 like this.
  18. astros123

astros123 Member

You gave up on your shitty argurment cuz you knew it was ****. Your whole talking point is that chinnese tried to buy influence from biden by paying hunter a few million while you think the same chinnese werent doing the same to trump while fast tracking ivanka trademarks and giving her special tax purposes.

I 100% admit that Hunter is shaddy as **** and probably has done bad things. Im not bootlicking him like you do with Trump. We need to remove all money from politics. The difference is hunter doesnt work for the WH. Jared worked as an advisor to Trump for 4 years yet you think he wasnt influenced by the CCP or Saudis. Its just funny how full of **** you are.

Chinnese dont give a **** about Hunter or Jared. The same way theyre buying influence by paying hunter is the same thing they're doing with ivanka. The difference is your head is up your ass and you cant see it.

ROCKSS likes this.
  19. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Thats the same antifa member who dressed up as a J6 insurrectionist and burned buildings in Minny during the George Floyd protests.

Am I doing this right?

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

1.25% management fee? Not 2%?
    Hope he at least gets the 20% carry.