1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another day another mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, Nov 8, 2018.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I completely agree with all this. At the same time, I'm a little perplexed by the last bit in the article -- he visited the FBI and had a gun in his car so he was charged with a misdemeanor. Why is it a misdemeanor to have a gun in your car when you visit the FBI? Is the parking lot a gun free zone?

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. Agent94

Agent94 Member

mdrowe00, Reeko and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. Agent94

Agent94 Member

5. Agent94

Agent94 Member

And three more.

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A gunman was shot and killed by a Houston police officer after allegedly setting a fire to lure neighbors outside, killing three people in southwest Houston on Sunday morning, according to investigators.

https://abc13.com/suspect-killed-ho...e-to-lure-neighbors-deadly-shooting/12174706/

Detroit — The man suspected of shooting four people, killing three, in a series of Sunday morning incidents that left the city and westside on edge was in custody, Detroit police said Sunday night.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...roit-neighborhoods-after-shooting/7924791001/

A17-year-old boy and a 5-year-old boy were identified as the people who died in a weekend drive-by shooting in northwest Fort Worth that also injured a toddler, according to police and the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office website Monday.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article265028039.html

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

damn, 5 dead and several more injured

This got no attention. If I didn’t see this post, I still wouldn’t know about it

looks like he killed a cop and injured another one during his rampage, but still managed to get taken in alive…

I wonder if he got Burger King or Wendy’s on the way to the precinct.

jiggyfly and edwardc like this.
  9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

2 Police Officers Killed in Connecticut After a Suspicious 911 Call
    A third officer was seriously wounded in the violence in Bristol, officials said, and a suspect also died. The police chief called it an act of “senseless violence.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/13/nyregion/bristol-connecticut-shooting.html

I wonder if biden will give him an posthumous insta-pardon since police are not accountable.

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously?

rocketsjudoka and edwardc like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

seems like that’s something u want…weird way of projecting, but do u

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

You're the cat that said the current violent rhetoric against LEOs is appropriate. This is what that vitriol leads to.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

if u want him pardoned, just say that

And what is this current violent rhetoric that’s so rampant according to u? Please, do tell…

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why did this mass shooting get no coverage…it’s weird especially when 5 people were killed

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Have you figured out what differentiates people that are captured alive and fed and those who are killed? Hint: it has nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with behavior during arrest.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

tell that to Philando Castille, fool

or this guy

or so many others

next

18. StupidMoniker

Did you think providing examples of black people that were shot was a good argument? Do you know how many black people are arrested without being shot? What percentage? Do you know how many white people are killed by the police during an attempted arrest? What percentage? Your anecdotal evidence is not compelling. Surprising New Evidence Shows Bias in Police Use of Force but Not in Shootings - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

cool story bro

anyways, you’re not a clever or interesting troll…u bore me

20. StupidMoniker

I'm not a troll, you just can't accept that the police are not on the whole a racist organization out murdering black people. In actuality, the most important factor in whether or not you survive an encounter with the police is your own behavior. People interact with the police about 50 million times per year in the United States, and about 1,000 of those times result in the person being killed. In almost all of those instances, they are killed because they attack the police officer. That is why people know the names of Philando Castille and Botham Jean. They are the tiny minority of people killed that were not attacking the police officer. Hundreds of white people are killed by the police every year, because they attack the police. Millions of black people interact with the police every year and are not injured or killed. You don't understand statistics or logic, you just see a black person killed by the police and a white murderer not killed and you react emotionally. It is sad.