1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another 41-41 season for the Rockets in 2017?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by varughese.arun, Oct 24, 2016.

?

Will the 2017 Rockets finish the season with a better record than 41-41?

1. Yes, (6th seed or better)

2. No, (8th seed with some lucky)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. varughese.arun

The 2017 season is just a few days away and, everone thats NOT a Houstonian seems to think the Rockets will finish the regular season with a 41-41 record. They think the 2017 Rockets will be 8th in the West and barely make the playoffs.

Am I the only one who thinks that the 2017 Rockets will do much better than .500?

2. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

5. varughese.arun

THE MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES????
    THE UTAH JAZZ ARE NUMBER FIVE ?!?!?!??

NO WAY the UTAH JAZZ will be better than The 2017 Rockets. I refuse to believe it.

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

We will make the playoffs simply because James Harden.

Our seeding will depend on injuries. In the unlikely scenario Gordon and Anderson don't miss many games, I can see us as 3rd or 4th seed, with a second round exit. If they miss games at the rate they've always missed games, then 6th. If injuries are a big problem this season, then 8th.

This roster is not very talented, but we have to go through this. I will inevitably get irritated by MDA, but in reality MDA and Bzdelik is a talented coaching combination and they receive excellent data from our front office. The team is built with Harden's blessing, and our two new signings had a strong preference to sign for the role that they are unquestionably going to play. The guys left over from last season seem to want to be here, and I get the sense they feel more positive about this season. All that is to say, I can see the chemistry being really good to make up for the average defense and below average talent.

Mazulis and jump shooter like this.
  7. varughese.arun

I agree my friend... WITHOUT INJURIES, 2017 Rockets should be 3rd or 4th.
    With injuries... i don't want to think about that.