1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ANNOYING not subtly] Student who slams teacher for confiscating phone is facing criminal charges

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SwoLy-D, Jan 27, 2015.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT ARRESTED AFTER BODY-SLAMMING TEACHER WHO TOOK CELL PHONE

You'll have the NEGLIGENT and WEAK parents saying: "He's just a child!".... :mad:
    more at the link above

:( This freakin' boils my blood. Never mind the criminal charges...why don't the other students step in?!?!?!

EDIT: thanks for the video, shastarocket

#1 SwoLy-D, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4LDM_AWcb6c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Wow, proud of the teacher for not even remotely trying to defend himself. Had he done so, he might be on trial here.

4. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

It's like dangerous minds

5. VanityHalfBlack

Why the fukk do they allow cell phones in class or at school to begin with? Back when I was in school, any kind of electronic device, beeper- remember those? They would get confiscated because it would disrupt the lecture in class?

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It depends on how he defends himself. This is one area where I think everyone should have some martial arts training. In this case that student could've seriously hurt the teacher and under the rules of self-defense I think a response was warranted. Just to be clear I'm not saying deadly force but some force by the teacher would be justified.

Also a 16 year old in 9th grade clearly has some issues.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Must be some mighty proud parents at home.

8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Ban cell phones

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Because we live in a society that ONLY looks out for themselves! If it's not a family member, or love interest chances are that all they will do is take out their cell phones and take the video! If that kid doesn't do a 180 soon, he's going to end up in a cell/casket in the near future.

10. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Apparently, slowly wrestling someone to the ground is considered a body slam nowadays.

I would have given him the Razor's Edge, because showmanship counts.

In all seriousness, no, he shouldn't have gone after his teacher like that.

But, when you confiscate the property of a hormonally-charged teenager, these things will happen.

When I was in school, having your phone taken away sucked. With kids today, you might as well be cutting off a finger.

[Dave Chappelle]We'd have to send The Rock to arrest him.[/Dave Chappelle]

#10 Ender120, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  11. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Didnt look like a slow wrestle to the floor at the end.

12. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

10 second mark... (pause) At this moment, he knew... he f'd up.

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

BamBam

[​IMG]
    And you know what... you're right, Marty... you're right... :(

It's a SLOW SLAM, man. :)

That was their article and the YouTube video wording. I agree with you.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Its a filthy corrupt business in school. They come up with a bunch of money seeking rules when the catch you with a cell phone. Thats absurd. I want my kid with a phone. Cant get your phone till the end of the year???

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I agree with you that force is warranted, but only because some other idiotic student filmed it. You know, if no one filmed it the teacher would have been on trial had defended himself. I get it, protect the kids, blah blah blah. Teachers are becoming babysitters to the poor, and you never let a babysitter spank your kids.

16. 713

713 Member

ban schools.

17. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I want my kids to have cell phones at school as well, and they do, but they both know that during class hours the phones are to be kept silent and out of sight! The only legitimate reason for them to use them is in the case of an emergency! They can use them freely AFTER school, as long as they are not doing something that will harm them in any way.

Let's face it, most kids that are older than 10 have a cell phone now, can you imagine the chaos if the schools didn't try to block the kids from using them? It's hard enough as it is, they don't need the added distraction of cell phones.

18. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Parents probably don't give a ****.

19. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

As a teacher of 22 years, I'll give my input.

There is a time and a place for everything.

Phones can be a tool in the class and phones can be a distraction in the class. We do quick research all the time using the phones in class. I understand kids are going to check their texts and what not throughout the day. If its on their time, and not taking up ALL their time, I usually won't fight that battle. A simple redirect is usually all they need. If they don't put the phone away, I give a second warning, telling them next time it gets picked up. If they comply, great. If they don't, I ask them to turn it in and they can get it after class. If not, I call security to take them out, and at that point, the campus police has policy for phone confiscation. I will never try to take something from an unwilling student. Not worth the time or effort.

20. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

You're probably right, but you'd be surprised how many parents actually do give a crap, but don't know how to deal with their kids crappy attitudes.