1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Zero got dark as hell and certainly more interesting.

Episode left me with a lot of questions, if you guys noticed that crazy dude referred to himself as Sloth one of the 7 deadly sins. He called Subaru "Pride" does that mean Subaru is one of the sins and a follower of the witch? :eek:.

That animal at the end is Puck, because he said to sleep with his daughter (he calls Emilia his daughter) and he uses ice magic.

And lastly didn't the Witch (Envy) absorbed all the other sins ?

2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

^ Yup that was Puck alright. I wonder if that is part of the contract that he and Emilia have. Like if she dies then he will go hulk mode and destroy everything.

3. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Finally caught up on the last two episodes of re:zero.

Well at least the show getting interesting now, although main character still hard to sympathize with.

Also Berserk kinda let down as I loved the non CG art style, but will probably follow since I love the original.

91 days also seems interesting just because it's different.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

wtf is going on in zero

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I just watched the last episode. Main character is annoying af. I didn't like today's episode at all. Felt like a whole lot of nothing. The plot is moving too slow at this point.

I thought they resolved that last week, but I guess it's back to stumbling along.

6. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

glad I'm not the only one. Subaru went from a little b****, to an annoying b****.

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Yeah it's very hard watching him at this point.

Have any of you guys watched orange? Only 3 episodes so far but wtf. Show is sad as hell. I usually don't watch shows like that, but the feels man.

8. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

No, I'll give it a try though. The next show on my list is that Mob Psycho show (from the creator of one punch man).

Japanese protagonists really annoy me, so I'm kind of particular about the shows. If its too much about the power of friendship or characters that are completely feminized its hard to watch lol

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man, the new Summer 2016 anime don't seem promising.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

I've been reading the top comment reviews on the site I watch it from and the suffering and downfall of Subaru is intentional. As to what, I don't know, but I'll probably read the comic out of impatience.

11. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

I beg to differ! I'm enjoying a good amount right now lol.

Food Wars
    Orange
    Mob Psycho 100
    Days
    Battery
    Servamp
    Amaama to Inazuma
    Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru
    New Game

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

So I'm guessing you hated Fairy Tail? LOL.

Alderamin on the Sky has a good amount of potential as well.

I tried watching Mob Psycho, but I am just not a fan of that animation style. Only thing close to that I could watch was JoJo's.

13. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

I agree with you. i was turned off from it from the very beginning, reminding me of like super jail or those weird/trippy adult swim shows that are on late at night , but it grew on me quick lol.

14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

That actually kind of makes sense, but I couldn't stand him even in the beginning honestly--his whole persona is just forced. The show in itself is very good though, last week's episode managed to bring out a strong emotional connection to Subaru's despair which is something hard for an anime to do.
    Never watched Fairy Tail, a friend told me it wasn't that good, is it worth giving a try?

And JoJo is great, it has a good mix of humor and plot and development/action.

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I think there are certain arcs in Fairy Tail that are great. The show is one of the most recognized anime for a reason. That being said, it suffers from DBZ levels of repetitiveness. Also, there's some plot filler that's pretty annoying. But to you, I would not recommend watching it if you hate "the power of friendship" as a plotline.

That show is entirely about the power of friendship lolol.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Ah OK. Nothing jumped out at me this season. I'll check some of these out.

17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I watched the first episode of Mob. Pretty good. Has some cool animation. Not sure where they are going with it tho

18. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I decided to give Orange a try....

The feels...good lawd the feels!

19. mikus

mikus Member

To me Fairy Tail is similar to shows like Naruto and Hunter x Hunter, but not quite as good. I did like some of the arcs, but it's repetitive.

20. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I've always been against it, but I've really had nothing to watch lately so I gave Ace of the Diamond a shot. Maaaaaaaaaan, even if you don't like baseball, what a show. I'm only on episode 40 or so, but loving it. I'm legitimately an idiot for being obstinate about not watching certain things that ended up being amazing when I finally caved in.

Dude, I told you guys. Da feels are insane. The ending to episode 3:

[​IMG]

^not a spoiler, just a pic.

Eh, I never watched Naruto and I stopped watching Hunter x Hunter after like 10 episodes because I can't deal with shows featuring little kid protagonists. But, for the reason I mentioned above, I think I need to get around to watching Hunter x Hunter all the way through. :grin:

#1980 DudeWah, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016