1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

+1

The anime seems pretty great until you read the manga, which is like win slathered in awesome sauce and washed down with a glass pwnage. It just makes the anime seem kinda weak when you try to go back to it, and that's no small feat.

Meanwhile, it's been rumored that as they're finished making the new Berserk movies, the same team will continue past the... umm... major event at the end of the original anime. I will be majorly curious to see how complete of a treatment they'll give to that material.

2. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Bro you stole my exact thoughts. FMA begins better, but Brotherhood is overall better.

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Nooooooooooo!

Hughes was not supposed to die!! Nooooo! Why do they do these things to make me cry!!!

I should not get invested in characters that they plan to kill off.... Can't they just put them in redshirts so I know better!!

I hate crying because of a freaking anime!!!

4. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

I dont read manga. They need to keep the anime going

5. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I enjoyed reading beserk for awhile, but then after a certain point, none of the story made any sense to me. In many was alot like Gantz.

6. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

The turning point is around volume 23 or so. After that it's pretty much all downhill, minus a few cool sections.

7. Hayesfan

Are they still producing the manga? So that the anime can go back to the storyline?

Edit: never mind you meant the manga went downhill ... Sorry reading comprehension is apparently not my thing

8. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

so i caught up on twgok and i think ayumi is the last goddess.

twgok:

season 1 good

season 2 great

season 3 **** just got real

i was skeptical about goddess but it's made the story a little deeper.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Berserk lost steam in the last 4 or 5 years. That manga will never end...

Gantz ended recently but didn't offer anything new which is too bad. Will miss it I suppose...

10. Hayesfan

Just saw Tamaki... I mean Vic Mignogna. He was really a hoot. I'm going to get his autograph tomorrow :)

[​IMG]

Also went to a funimation panel with Lance Haiskell who showed some really cool looking promos... Though the were all for dubbed versions of already released stuff... They do have rights to dub Attack on Titan

11. AtheistPreacher

Reminds me, here's the first part of a panel/interview thingy that Vic Mignogna (Ed from FMA and Tamaki from Ouran) and Steve Blum (Spike from Cowboy Bebop and Mugen from Samurai Champloo) did at Saboten-Con back in 2009. A bit old, but it's a fun ol' time. The whole thing is actually about an hour long and has been split into six parts, but you can find the others easily if you click through to Youtube.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tijx2SozxH0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

AoT tonight was so awesome! Kind of pissed me off though since they killed off characters I really liked, but that's besides the point. Don't want to give anything away, just watch the episode.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Just finished watching Madoka Magica. Some guy uploaded all 12 episodes on youtube (it's on hulu too). Crazy series, man. If anyone decides to pick it up don't stop watching after the first few episode, like I did over a year ago, its not that kind of anime. For some reason they want to trick you into thinking it is a regular magical girl anime but then **** starts hitting the fan. If it wasn't for a review a caught randomly I wouldn't have watched this one all the way through.

14. Hayesfan

My streaming isn't working well so I'll have to watch that when I get home. I missed him today so I'll have to try tomorrow of he's still here.

15. AtheistPreacher

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JiKxNI7_5dc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Hayesfan

does anyone use MyAnimeList? I have been trying to pull it up since yesterday with no luck.

I wanted to update all the stuff I've watched ;)

17. Hayesfan

Posting twice in a row... OMG Attack on Titan is brutal!!! And I only watched the first episode!!!

Edit: also if mikasa dies I'll be pissed

#617 Hayesfan, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  18. cdastros

cdastros Member

Myanimelist seems slow but working.

19. Hayesfan

Thanks I'll try again

20. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

It was impossible for me to load MyAnimeList yesterday.