1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. mikennite

mikennite Member

YOU HAD 1 JOB!! lol just kidding, I did the same. Didn't read the manga from the start, and once Season 3 started, I got confused. I started reading the manga from chapter 42.

2. mikennite

mikennite Member

Anyways, I just started watching Highschool DxD. Fanservice is blatantly obvious in this one, but the story makes up for it. The concept of the story is somewhat similar to TWGOK,(devils) whereas this story focuses on the other duties of devils.
    Oh yeah, almost forgot, this anime doesn't censor any nudes(there's a censored version on funimation)

3. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Nicely would be an understatement. It's continuing amazingly, best show this season.

Was gonna say, which one you watching ;)
    If you say funimation, then you're doing it wrong. :p

4. mikennite

mikennite Member

lol at first i was watching the funimation one, but was ticked off by the commericals. So I just went to watchanimeon

5. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

That's an acceptable answer. Would've also taken "Started watching the funimation version until I noticed they had censoring". :p

6. mikennite

mikennite Member

lmao, I didn't know the actual version wasn't censored. I just thought that was how the anime was. Besides, I barely watched the first episode on funimation.

7. mikennite

mikennite Member

Let me rephrase that, "I didn't even finish the first episode on funimation. :cool:

8. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Hahaha. Niceeeeeee. You and me both. :eek:

This new episode of Watamote is so hilariously perverted. Was cracking up by how perverted tomoko gets, so damn funny.

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I did watch the funimation version of hsotd maybe I should go back and watch the original! But is it just edited for naked shots or is there actual content added?

I'm planning to watch the new watamote and TWGOK today

10. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Yeah, I wouldn't go back unless you really wanted to see the nude parts.

Oh man, come back and post your reactions after those episodes, they're amazing.

11. Hayesfan

I just fished both :)

I laughed so hard... Some of the best parts of watamote were the reactions of the people around her. OMG I so love her little friend. This one was awkward in a whole new way.

Also where in the world do you get games like that??? I am guessing nowhere in the us!!

As for Keima and his quest. I thought it was great. I'm a little confused on why he can't tell the girls about the goddesses?

They obviously know about them since they all talk to their host. Why not just say I know about the godess within you now kiss me!

Also thought it was interesting that they only needed the two to lift the curse. If Keima would have given Tenri a little affection I bet Diana could have done it on her own!

The scene with Diana and Haqua both cornering him was classic. Then I love how they are both like good grief why are we fighting about this guy??

This story has to be written by a geeky gamer guy cause its blatant wish fullfillment at points :)

How is this not popular in Japan?? I'm baffled cause its so entertaining and well written

12. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Yeah, I want to talk more about it, but my post would be so long. Laughing so hard at the fact that she actually Wants to be molested.

My guess on TWGOK would be that then it wouldn't really be true love. Other than that you have a point.

13. Hayesfan

Good point. You should totally post your thoughts on the show... Just break it up into smaller posts if you feel the need. I loved the part on the train and how she explained it to her friend! And the way she asked for panties shopping help! ;)

Also, happy birthday!

14. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Thanks a lot Hayesfan! Really appreciate the gesture and your contribution to this thread. I'll rewatch the episodes and screenshot the best scenes and talk about them. I'm still gushing by how awesome Mondays episodes were.

15. Hayesfan

Okay just started this at your recommendation... But I have a question. What's up with all the words flashing that I can't read at the beginning? Do I need to pause it and read those

16. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

I'm so busy these days that I rarely find time to watch much of anything new, or even keep track of what's coming out. But I did just discover that Makoto Shinkai's latest (short) film is out in Japan, and has been licensed for North America. It's a 46-minute film called The Garden of Words:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FMabhvDoolc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have mixed feelings about Shinkai. His talent is undeniable, but he struggles when putting together coherent and compelling feature-length films, and often the sci-fi and fantasy elements he inserts end up detracting from the story and characters rather than enhancing them (this was the case for me for both Beyond the Clouds and Children Who Chase Lost Voices). His best work has been been short pieces that use no sci-fi or fantasy trappings -- namely, 5cm Per Second and She and Her Cat (the latter is only 5 minutes long, but it's truly amazing what he accomplishes with only that short time).

In any case, the fact that Shinkai's latest film fits this latter profile rather than the former one is encouraging. I look forward to seeing it.

17. Hayesfan

I had been seeing images of that shoe removal all over and wondered what it was for. I haven't watched any of the movies that you recommended yet, but a 46 minute movie I may be able to do. :)

Thanks for the info.

18. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Looks like a really sweet, heartfelt movie. Will have to check it out when I find a good place to watch it in my phone.

19. Hayesfan

Anyone seen this weeks episode of The World God Only Knows?

I have questions, but I don't want to spoil anyone.

20. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Use spoiler tag, I don't really mind spoilers anyhow. Loved this weeks episode, keima is such a boss, funny Haqua scene, and finally getting to see Elsie.