1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You are correct. I'm currently watching the 2011 version. I'm about 70-ish episodes in. I passed the Chain user stuff you were talking about. I must say, for the immense amount of love this series gets, I'm not really loving it. It's just ok for me. I'm still watching because fans love it so much.. HxH gets compared to Yu Yu all the time, but Yu Yu is so much better IMO.

2011 looks good, but I still love that 90's anime style of animation.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I had no Idea this was happening. Google tells me it's coming in October. From the screenshots, it looks too polished. I already know I'm going to miss that old school 90's anime style.

3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

ATOT has been pretty slowly to say the least, sigh.

4. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

I'm on episode 106. It's my goat series. Didn't really like greed island arc but this chimera ant arc is fxxxkng crazy. So many unique abilities displayed.

daywalker02 and DudeWah like this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah, I'm just starting the Chimera Ants arc. The queen just birthed a human hybrid. I'm going to continue watching because I have seen a little bit of what they are showing on Toonami and that looks interesting.

I haven't really LOVED any of the arcs thus far. The Heaven's Arena arc was ok. Greed Island was TRASH.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Has there ever been an anime that lost as much hype as AOT? A few years ago this Anime was on top of the anime world. I still haven't watched the last couple episodes of season 2.

DudeWah likes this.
  7. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Well I actually liked parts of season 2, the Eren v Reiner fight was hype but I agree, Eren torwards the end not being able to transform was lame.

This season has just been a snoozefest, 0 Titans, Historia wasn’t developed enough where we care what happens to her. The Military Police arc is just boring.

fallenphoenix likes this.
  8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Yeah ATOT has been pretty slow but I thought episode 2 was pretty good with the introduction of Kenny. Theres a backstory that they havent revealed in whole with the OVAs about him and Levi.

9. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

you didn't love the phantom troupe arc? that was my personal favorite.

chimera ant arc is probably the most universally acclaimed arc of all time in the shonen genre though. but it's also the most polarizing.

i could see how the show doesn't have certain appeal to audiences though.

btw @Rocket River the "chain user" (kurapika)'s arc starts around episode 37 in the 2011 remake.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah, the Phantom Troupe arc was good because the Phantom Troupe and other characters introduced were crazy strong. The problem I had with that arc, and the series as a whole, is the massive amounts of exposition. I started calling it "nen-splaining".

Greed Island arc they explained the game for 2-3 straight episodes, and end the end, it didn't matter that much.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Hunter x Hunter is all about the exposition. That mangaka should play some dnd with Dan Harmon.

AoT is a roller coaster folks. After this arc, it goes back to heavy world building. Reading through it was meh, but it pays off and you eventually feel like it goes somewhere. Gets a lot darker.

12. omgTHEpotential

Loved HxH. Watched all episodes twice. Infinitely more interesting than any of the Dragon Ball series.

DudeWah likes this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I been watching the old series. 1-10 then 11-20 on Youtube.
    I just getting to 21-30 . .. IF it is all the same then it will catch me up info wise
    XFinity does not have the whole 2011 series. . . have not checked netflix/amazon yet though
    This youtube one is doing the trick
    other than the slightly different character designs that caught me off guard for a moment

Rocket River

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Probably just behind MHA as my favorite anime going. I could watch Ainz and crew embarrass chumps 52 times a year and not get tired of it.

omgTHEpotential and TheRedRanger like this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I can agree. Never got into Dragon Ball much
    Same with ONE PIECE . .. I hear so much good about it but the sillyness just pushes me away
    but I am told that is because I am generally catching the stupid filler episodes

Rocket River

16. omgTHEpotential

Man... Overlord is so good. Probably my favorite on-going anime right now. Loving the OP main characters in anime. One Punch Man is a good example too.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I watched 20 eps of One Piece but couldn't get into it. Might've been different if I started when it came out a decade ago.

Best mindless action that comes to mind is Fist of the North Star. It feels like an 80s flashback.

18. omgTHEpotential

Things are heating up in Overlord. There will probably be some epic action soon. Man, can't wait. Each episode feels like 3 minutes long.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That arc frightened me to this day.

[​IMG]

#2579 daywalker02, Sep 5, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  20. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Pitou is bae