1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

If you like Baseball, you should also watch Major, Cross Game and Touch.

2. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Watched the first episode of one punch man. It was ok. Why is it hyped so much?

3. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

Because his story goes against the mold of superpowered characters. In most other animes, MC usually starts weak (but with massive potential), trains a lot, fights a lot, finally grows powerful enough to beat the bad guy at season's end. Naruto, Bleach, DBZ, Attack on Titan to name some popular examples.

OPM is the total opposite. MC's daily struggles involve the most mundane day-to-day tasks while he barely breaks a sweat in life-or-death battles. Personally, I follow the show because I want Saitama to finally fight someone who he can fight all-out against. There have been other animes that feature MCs that are ridiculously OP. Shiroe of NGNL and Ainz of Overlord come to mind. None of them as ridiculously OP as Saitama though.

4. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Lol I guess. To me the show just seems like a parody of all the archetypes of an anime. Ill keep watching. Hope it gets more exciting.

5. mikus

mikus Member

Well, if you really can't stand kid protagonists, I'm not sure Hunter x Hunter or Naruto are for you. If you watched 10 episodes of HxH, you have a decent idea of what the show is like. It gets a bit darker and they get much stronger and the story arcs are interesting, but it just might not be your show.

I'm watching this show called Kuromukuro on Netflix and it's entertaining if you like the mecha genre.

6. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Was it ace of the diamond specifically you been against or baseball/sports anime in general? If it's the latter you should definitely start checking out the other recent sports anime that clutchfans enjoyed: Haikyuu! and baby steps. Battery is a new baseball one this season i found interesting and Days is probably the better of the two.

7. mikus

mikus Member

I second Haikyuu and Baby Steps, both are awesome shows. Man what is up with this week's Food Wars. That dude is a creeper, lol.

8. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Forreal! Can't wait for him to get whooped by soma.

So I looked online and Food wars only 13 episodes?!?!:(:(

9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Hmm is it? The first season went 26. That would be very disappointing because there is plenty of material for another 26 episode run for season 2

10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Also I see we hit a 100 pages. Nice!

11. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

I don't even understand what's going on in Re:Zero anymore lmao. You guess one thing is going to happen, then the show takes a turn in the opposite direction and leaves us with so many questions.

Also, Happy 100th!
    [​IMG]

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I've decided not to watch re:zero again until the end of a 2nd season.

13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I wished I've never heard of re:zero!

Atleast not till the end of the 1st seasons. Watching this show week to week is sooo damn hard! I want to know whats going to happen next NOW!!!

I love the show and like RocketsRed4, havent a clue whats happening or whats going to happen lol.

This last episode was nearly as good/crazy as episode 13 and 14.

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Sports anime in general. Finished Ace of Diamond btw. What an awesome show. It had almost everything. Great to watch. That ending was very well done (and even a fitting end to the series if they never make more episodes) but still pretty sad to watch the third years depart. I hope they write the manga fast so there can be a season 3 and 4 eventually.

I tried watching some of the others you and Yung-T mentioned but couldn't get into them, except Days. I'm liking that so far. I couldn't find English subs for Battery, but I'll look more because it looks interesting.

I'll watch Hajime no Ippo as soon as I get a chance.

Sadly, nothing this season is way too interesting. I'll probably wait to watch Re:zero for a while like some of the others. It's a show that really sucks you in, but it's hard watching week to week when nothing is happening and it just gets more and more confusing.

I'm really only looking forward to Orange, Days, and Alderamin in the Sky on a weekly basis. Berserk was never really my cup of tea. I watch Twin Star Exorcists every week, but at this point it's more so due to not having anything else to watch rather than actually enjoying it too much.

Netflix released a couple of "originals" lately. Not a fan of the Sinbad one. The new mecha one looks to be okay, but the first episode didn't really catch my attention.

15. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Subs for Battery and pretty much most of the anime for past few years - http://horriblesubs.info/shows/battery

Horriblesubs is probably the biggest english subbing group out there.

Ippo is a really good fun anime/manga! but also very very very long. The 1st season in 2002 has 76 episode. The 2nd in 2009 has 26 and the 3rd in 2013 has 25.

You'll have to download the first two seasons on piratebay or others sites, though there are probably tons of site where you can stream it. The 3rd season is available to torrent on horriblesubs.

RE: Zero its not so much that nothing happens but rather wanting to find out the consequences of what happens. Its this years boku dake (erase). There's 24 episodes this season, I'd recommend starting it in a month, when the series will be at episode 21. That way you'll have 2-3 weeks to catch up to the finale!

16. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

That latest Re:Zero was another emotional one but looks like stuff is going to really start ramping up. Wish Subaru would just go ahead and wife Rem...that chick is ride or die.

Also not digging these cliffhangers in Food Wars. Even though I read the manga it's still annoying in the anime

17. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Give mob psycho 100 some love! Think I'm enjoying it more than I did with OPM.

I flipped when food wars ended in a cliffhanger too, so hyped for it.

Rem is wifey material lol, just a big emotion ride last episode. Subaru fell to the lowest point of the abyss lol, not sure what he has planned this time around, but it seems as thought he's figured it out. Think he'll talk to the princesses again for their help.

18. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Also want to point out under the dog. Badass military/assassin anime. US military actually speak PERFECT English. It's apparently a kick starter anime that is getting their season, but I'm not 100% sure based off what I looked up.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I read in the comments again that re: zero is 10% if the light novel material and the story truly status now.

I'm amazed by the scale and hopefully there's a resolution

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Dragon Ball Super is TRASH and it's dimming my soul.

I know I'm probably the only one in this thread still watching Dragon Ball Super so carry on.