1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Animated TV] Voltron - New Netflix/Dreamworks Series

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Just going to put this in here. OFFICIAL Lego Voltron set, complete with transforming lions. Goes on sale 7/31, (or 7/26 if you're a Lego VIP Club member). Already going for almost $100 more than retail on eBay. Two of the most influential toys of my childhood, together at last:

Voltron: Legendary Defender gets a legendary LEGO set

[​IMG]

NICK ROMANO
    June 28, 2018 at 10:31 AM EDT
    With 2,321 pieces split between five buildable robot lions, LEGO just made one legendary set.

Inspired by Netflix and DreamWorks’ Voltron: Legendary Defender, the toy brick company is putting the universe’s most powerful weapon in your hands. Builders will be able to separately construct all five lions piloted by Shiro, Lance, Pidge, Hunk, and Keith, as well as merge them together to form Voltron, standing at 15 inches with signature sword in hand.

Most elements of the set are posable, as well, including the separate lions and the upper torso of Voltron. The legs, however, aren’t.

The set will be available through retail stores for $179.99 beginning this Aug. 1, but a limited quantity will be available early at San Diego Comic-Con between July 17-22 at the LEGO booth (#2829).

[​IMG]
    LEGO
    [​IMG]
    LEGO
    [​IMG]
    LEGO
    [​IMG]
    LEGO
    [​IMG]
    LEGO
    Voltron: Legendary Defender co-showrunner Lauren Montgomery recognizes that “it’s a show that ultimately was licensed by DreamWorks to sell toys — and we knew that going into it, but we also knew that we didn’t want to work that in and not care about it.”

“We love the show, we love the original show, and, honestly, we love toys,” she previously told EW. “We’re huge toy collectors ourselves, and so we strongly feel we can hit both things: we can make a show that features cool toys that tie into the story, they’re not just there and they don’t feel like these weird things that are shoved in just to be a commercial to kids.”

Executive producer Joaquim Dos Santos also noted, “We wanted to make sure that everything that comes out from the toy line feels like it’s either in the show directly or feels like it’s from the show.”

[​IMG]
    LEGO
    LEGO Voltron is a welcome edition to any fan’s collection and can serve as a comfort toy as we go into the post-season 6 unknown.

“We’ve done our Zarkon arc, we’ve done our Lotor arc, and now they’re going to have a new thing to face,” Montgomery said after the latest cataclysmic finale. “It’s going to have a new energy in the same way that Lotor had a different energy from Zarkon.”

[​IMG]
    LEGO
    Bask in the glory of Voltron above.

#41 Xerobull, Jul 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  2. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

My daughter is all about Lego right now, so it gives me an excuse to play.

That being said we just finished some of the Harry Potter sets and I just got my Voltron set in the mail today.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You guys watching Voltron? Season 7 has the fandom going nuts about Shiro.

Me, I'm rooting for everybody black. I'm just glad they finally started drawing brothas in space #RyanKinkadeHive.

Rocket River likes this.
  4. PhiSlammaJamma

Deadpool still has the limited edition Voltron ring.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It was a bit funny
    It adds nor subtracts anything from the show

I hate Keith's story line . . . that was just bullshit and irritating

Rocket River

DreamShook likes this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree, It's cartoon about war, I have no Idea why the fandom is so angry, lol.

What's also funny: The amount of death Netflix can get away with in a Y-7 rated cartoon.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Naruto Level . . . . . When I first started watching Naruto . . . I was like WTF???
    I LOVE THIS!!

Rocket River

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I've never watched this series. Reading this thread makes me think I should.

Would it be worth starting from scratch?

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah, start at Season 1. It's a fun action cartoon. There are only 65, 22 min episodes. They split up the episodes into weird seasons so don't let the "Season 7" talk be a daunting factor. If you think about it (do the math), only 2.5 seasons if the show had 26 episodes in a season like they would have done on regular TV.

#49 DreamShook, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

65, 22 min episodes isn't that much. I'll give it a shot.

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You finish it yet? My son and I wrapped it up while watching the end of S7. It was a 5-6 hour build. Thing is massive, 15+ inches.

[​IMG]

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

No I haven't even started it yet, but seeing it complete in your picture will probably give me the motivation to get it done. thanks for posting the picture.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Wait a minute.. Allura is supposed to be black!?

2 years watching the show and I had no idea she was supposed to be black.. I thought it was just alien shading or something.. Is this like Martian Manhunter black, Gimora black or Martin black? I'm confused.

daywalker02 and Xerobull like this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I need to catch up
    I am a season and a half behind

Rocket River

DreamShook likes this.
  15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I need to catch up as well, I'm not sure how I got a few seasons behind. I think I was on season 4 or 5, they must have dropped a few seasons without me noticing.....

DreamShook and daywalker02 like this.
  16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Series finale was a month ago by the way.

DreamShook and daywalker02 like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I never question the color of an attractive female. May she be animated.

#57 daywalker02, Dec 24, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    DreamShook likes this.
  18. PhiSlammaJamma

People have a deep distrust of machines. Have you seen Terminator? Or 2? Or 3? Or 4?

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man..I can't believe I went this whole time not knowing Allura is black! I was happy when they animated Ryan Kincaid not knowing Allura was here the whole time.. smh..

This is the same feeling I had when I found out Elisa Maza from Gargoyles was half Nigerian.

#59 DreamShook, Dec 24, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    daywalker02 likes this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Oh boy... you guys have missed a lot. The fandom is not happy, lol.. the final season is animated beautifully, but is not good story wise. did I mention the fandom is not happy?

GRENDEL likes this.