1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Angry Texans fans need to read this....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by tigereye, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What about Dallas (Emmitt Smith) or Denver (Terrell Davis)? In the end I think you take the best player. If the Texans thought Mario> Reggie plus they had a bigger need at DE, then so be it. We'll see how it turns out.

2. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

While I agree with you, I don't think anyone was interested in trading up with us. I have read that they may move back into the first towards the end of the round.

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Dallas had the best offensive line of the decade.

And Terrell Davis was a SIXTH round draft pick, and just one of many no-name RB's in Kubiak/Shannahan's system that put up huge numbers.

4. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Both of who had damn good defenses and were built around great defensive lines anchored by Charles Haley (Cowboys), and Trevor Price and Neil Smith (Denver).

Emmitt Smith was #17 in the 1990 draft with another RB drafted ahead of him (Blair Thomas). So, he was clearly not the best player. Oh, and by the way, there were 2 DE's drafted in the top 11 who were part of 4 defensive linemen and 12 defensive players taken all before Smith.

Terrell Davis was drafted in the 6th round.

5. Mr. Clutch

But if Bush is rated to be a stud runningback and sure thing why not have that position locked down for the next decade? And when were Haley, Price, and Smith drafted? How good were those DE's drafted before Smith?

In the end, I think the lesson is to take the best player. No one doubts that Tomlinson was a good #2 pick or that Cadillac was worth a top 5 last year.

6. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

While a slightly agree with you, it's been said, more than few times including this article, that there were plenty of other teams who rated Williams at the top of this draft.

And, I won't mind if they move back into the 1st. There are some players in the bottom of the 1st that could be impact players at other BIG needs including some RBs who (may not be Reggie Bush) are very solid players that could be stars in Kubiak's running system.

7. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Great Article.

8. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Plenty of teams????? It was 6 (including the Texans), that's not plenty, that's 18%.

9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

That's 6 confirmed teams. It's not as if all 32 teams have released their draft boards or participated in this poll. I'm not saying 6 is some huge number, but you can't act like those are the only 6 because the numbers simply aren't there.

10. Mr. Clutch

Where were they confirmed?

11. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Williams and Peek are going to be deadly.

12. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

This will also make TJ a much better player. He is an upfield the DT that was playing out of position last year. The D will have to focus on both Peek and MW and I think TJ will be a beast.

13. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The Texans will never make the playoffs until thay can beat the Indianapolis Colts. The way you beat the Colts is to pressure Peyton Manning.

I ain't saying I'm happy but there is a certain logic to the selection.

14. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

FINALLY, someone made sense. Confuse Peyton and pressure Peyton. Pittsburgh and New England did it. NFL = copycat league

15. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

By the time the Texans get to the play-offs, Peyton will prob be long retired.

16. The Cat

By Chris Mortensen and Ron Wolf. Unless you think they're lying, of course.

17. The Cat

There's a certain quarterback in Tennessee that won't be, though.

18. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I honestly believe that our Defensive front 4 will be the most feared very soon. An above average rotation.

Super Mario, Mean Peek, TJ, will only allow us to provide PAAAAAAYNE.

I trust Kubiak. He could have had Bush, but Kube know offense. Fans will appreciate this later.

Bush is a Saint. People feared Vince going to the Titans. I'm glad for him. I'm glad Bush is in NO.

19. Mr. Clutch

Right, because they are either 100% correct or lying. Your posts make my head hurt sometimes. You have some facts right but then when you attempt logic something goes wrong. They are just reporting what they have heard, their sources could be playing games or it just might be innacurate. Remember Mortensen reported that Cutler may be the best QB in the draft.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Exactly. It's the whole, "Let the scouts be scouts, the coaches be coaches" argument all over again. Not only has Kubiak been an offensive mastermind with his system in Denver for 11 years or whatever, but he evaluated these kids for MONTHS.

Now, I know that our last coach was utter crap and didn't really deserve an ounce of trust, but come on guys, we've got a new coach who looks to know what he's doing, especially on the offensive side of the ball. If he says he doesn't need Reggie Bush in his offense, then he doesn't need Reggie Bush on his offense.

Domanick Davis is a GREAT running back. Maybe Reggie Bush will turn out to be better than Domianick, but that little superiority is not something we're gonna miss as much as we would if we didn't have a superior defensive end.