1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Angry Texans fans need to read this....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by tigereye, Apr 29, 2006.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

DONE!!! TRADE ACCEPTED!!

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Barry Sanders never went to the Super Bowl.

3. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I know you're kidding, but just for reference, on the NFL value chart, the #3 pick is worth 2,200 points. Your proposal only gets us to 1,213 points, which is good for like the #12 pick.

4. MadMax

what if we add in david carr?

does that add or subtract points? (shhh..don't tell my son i said that)

5. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Michael Irvin made a good point on ESPN just now..

It went something like. .. "you don't throw away a Michael Jordan.. Mario Williams will be good in is career but more like a Patrick Ewing." haha something like that which was so funny because it is so true. :D

And... i've been waiting for months just for this very day where we can draft Reggie Bush but as usual.. being let down as a Texans fan...

6. MadMax

of course..that metaphor would make more sense if he got it correct and said Hakeem Olajuwon. but if he had done that, he would have looked foolish again, because that turned out OK for the Rocks.

of course, the suit he was wearing made him look foolish enough without any help from his comments.

7. lalala902102001

I think that the Texans have made a big mistake.

Big mistake.

8. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Yeah, that would be accurate only if Olajuwon was Vince Young, infact, that makes the most sense because the Rockets already had a center.

9. MadMax

whether he is to football what dream was to basketball..the analogy irvin threw out was just factually incorrect. no one passed up on jordan to draft ewing.

and by the way..count me among those who are reasonably sure that reggie bush isn't michael jordan.

10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Thats because teams avoided him like the plague, and instead, chose to dominate us on the other side of the field in passing situations. Dunta is one of the best CB's in the league and will continue to be up there with the best.

11. MadMax

i'm a big dunta fan. you won't get an argument from me.

he needs help on the other side, big time.

12. rezdawg

We need to take care of that side with the draft. Thats as much of a problem as the OLine.

2 solid corners and a pass rush would take us a long way.

13. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

no one man can make your defense great, but a guy like Bush will do wonders for any offense.

Plain and simple, Bush might become one of the game's best...you don't let that walk by you.

14. WasabiTheNinjaPimp

WasabiTheNinjaPimp Contributing Member

Welcome to Clippers East.

15. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Why throw the ball anywhere near Dunta when you can just run it all ****in' day? Ha ha. God the Texans suck. Obviously no one in the draft has proven a damn thing at the NFL level but this move just engenders flat-out ill will amongst the fan base, which was already really pissy after such an abortion of a season. I never in a million years thought that they would pick somebody that isn't going to put a single ass in a seat at Reliant. It's nutty.

I guess it's pretty likely that Mario will be a good player with the possibility of becoming great, and God knows we DO need help on defense. Ha ha. But Jesus, man, there's no way he's going to win us enough games next year for people not to HATE the Texans for this move.

16. rezdawg

A stud DE is much much much much more important than a RB, especially in Kubiak's system.

You win championships with defense...Steelers, Patriots, Ravens, Bucaneers...not with offense...ask the Colts and Chiefs (who happened to have 2 of the best RB's in the game).

17. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Exactly! D wins friggin' Lombardi Trophies! This is proven time & time again! Kubes understands this more than we do! Look at Priest Holms, Barry Sanders, LT, Ricky "mr. pothead" Williams, Edgerin James ( even with Manning), etc., never won a super bowl! It took several years before the late great Walter Payton to win one only becuz he had that awesome 1985 Bears Defense!

18. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The only thing that bothers me is that the Texans might not have gotten the full value of the pick by picking Williams. The problem with this draft is that it's so deep that a lot of teams don't see the point in getting the number one pick with all of the pressure, expectations and salary demands that go with it. Oh, well. I am worried they may get cute and trade up unnecessarily to make another splash.

19. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

That's exactly my problem with the pick.

If we had traded down to #3/4 and taken Williams, and picked up an extra 1st or a few 2nd rounders, I'd be jumping up and down right now. The value lost by picking Williams (I'm skeptical to think that the Saints would have taken him #2, I think they'd have taken Fergusson instead.)
    #3, would have been Vince or Leinart to Tennessee, Mario drops to #4, where we take him, and we have an extra few picks later in the draft

20. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

this is mind-boggling.

how the Texans sat down and clearly talked themselvesout of taking Bush (or VY for that matter) is absurd. this is why i beleive the NFL draft is the most ridiculous spectacle in all of sports. after last season, the Texans brass OWE IT to the fans to put out a product the fans WANT to see. and i dont think williams is a bad pick, but when you have 2 players that in all likelyhood could CHANGE THE FACE OF YOUR FRANCHISE, you do not pass up on them. period..... and they just did.

the Texans have lost so many fans with this move, anything less than a playoff berth will practically doom this franchise in the eyes of so many fans.

i dont want to play a complete pessimist here, but imagine if mario ends up being a bust and carr ends up being the mediocre qb so many believe he is.... :eek: