1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andy Pettite?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Jebus, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

During the rain delay of one of the playoff games (I think it was the first WS game in FLA), there was an interview on ESPN radio, with Jayson Stark, I believe. He talked about the possiblities for Pettite leaving the Yankees. The only possible destination he mentioned was the Astros, since Pettite is from around here. He even mentioned that he had heard (supposedly from sources close to Pettite, but not the man himself) that, since he has already earned enough money, any "non-insulting" offer from the Stros would get it done. I believe he used the term "Jeff Kent-like contract"..

I think he'd be a perfect guy to bring in to be the #1 guy of the staff, and to bring a winning, tough attitude to the team in general. He's been money in the playoffs, seemingly always in the toughest situations. Except in game 6 this year, but the way Beckett pitched, nobody would have beaten him.

I just wish Drayton would go for it.

Your thoughts?

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

an oswalt, pettite, miller top 3 would be extremely nice. would trading away wagner let this happen?

3. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

4. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

no, not possible, hell no, maybe, and no.

I'd rather just get Pettite, and team him up with Oswalt, Miller, and a hopefully healthy Carlos Hernandez.

Clemens might be good as a pitching coach. And maybe a year at a substantial discount. But he's retiring anyway.

5. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

HIS NAME IS

P E T T I T T E

If You are going to talk about him, at least spell his name right.......and I wish we could get him too

6. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

That would be awesome, but I think the temptation of $$$ is too great...The Yanks have AP as there top priority, or at least they should...