1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Android game demo

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by gezza, Sep 15, 2012.

1. gezza

gezza Member

Hey guys!

I've been working on an arena style combat game on and off for a few months. It's at a stage where I would love to get some feedback and hardware compatibility testing (I don't have access to a hundred different devices). I know the art isn't fantastic, but since I'm not an artist and can't afford one, I did the best I could :)

A quick overview of the game.

Current features

• You control up to 4 hero characters at once (tank, healer, ranged/melee DPS).
    • There are Unique abilities for each hero, and they gain more as they level up.
    • There is a tactics button that allows you to pause the game and issue commands (similar to Dragon Age/ Baldur's Gate type of games).
    • Randomised loot, with over 40 unique items.
    • This demo/beta includes the first world (9 levels + End world boss fight).

If anyone's played Battleheart, the gameplay is similar to that.

Final version features

• Additional 3 hero characters (mage, hunter, werewolf).
    • Additional 2 worlds with more monsters and boss fights.
    • Many more unique items and randomised loot.
    • More variety of stats on items (life leech, extra gold rewarded...etc).
    • 2 additional levels of difficulty for each world, each with increasingly powerful items.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Downloads

I apologize for not making it available on the Google Play Store yet. I'm afraid that people may downrate an unfinished product into oblivion. For now you can download the APK file directly from http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9752697/gdx-Arena-android.apk

Or you can use the following QR code to download it

[​IMG]

If you don't know how to install APK files, it's pretty simple. Firstly, you need to get the file onto your phone.

You can either;
    • Download it to your PC then move it to your phone via USB.
    • If you have a QR reader on your phone, you can scan the code above and it will download the game automatically.
    • Manually type in the web address above into your phone

Once the file is on your phone, you just need to locate it and install it. The one caveat is that you'll need to allow your phone to install non-play store applications (it will ask you to do that when you install it).

I'd appreciate any kind of feedback, including what's fun, what's not, what doesn't make sense, what device you are running and what performance you are getting. :)

Cheers all!

2. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

I really like what permissions you have set. I honestly was expecting some ad push bull****.

What SDK is this built on? Runs great on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus running 4.1.1 (JRO03L)

If I encounter any issues I'll send you a logcat.

3. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Looks good. Love the UI, very clean.

4. gezza

gezza Member

Hey thanks.

I developed this in Java. I'm using an Android game framework called libgdx.