1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrew Wiggins is an All-Star Starter.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by STR8Thugg, Jan 27, 2022.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

Jeremy Lin Only Fans has combined forces with Yao Mafia, and they plan to rig the vote for someone, but the search committee has not been able to locate a professional basketball player in the Rockets organization.

Side note: Although I've been keeping tabs on Yao Ming auto sales, which have been strong, I was still surprised seeing today that Jeremy Lin autograph'd cards are in the $200 - $1,0000 range still, which is pretty impressive given most american one hit wonders sell for under $10.

#41 PhiSlammaJamma, Jan 28, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

meh…I’m here for the fckery

Andrew Wiggins can claim the title as 1 of the most undeserving All-Star starters in history

beardsanity713 likes this.
  3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I’ve been helping the 9’ers (@tinman) some this year and the Warriors threw some bitcoins my way to be their “global ambassador”. What can I say, I’m a gun for hire!! ;)

…….
    …….
    …….

#43 BamBam, Jan 28, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  4. eman

eman Contributing Member

There should be a formula, some metrics... Let SkyNet select the All-Stars. Hell, let it run the world. I, for one, warmly welcome our robot overlords!

francis 4 prez likes this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Much deserved Wiggins has arrived.

6. ExTexanNowEastCoast

100% agree. When I saw that Wiggins was an All Star Starter, I had to do a double take and Google this to make sure it wasn't an Onion post.

Honestly, to take it a step further, if CP3 is not MVP this year, then they should change how the MVP voting is conducted. Media participation should be shrunk to 25% of the vote count. Remaining should be players, executives, and veterans.

Media bias gave us MVPs like Bill Walton, 1990 Magic Johnson, two time MVP Steve Nash, and a unanimous Steph Curry in 2015.

The idea that Hakeem, Kobe, Shaq, Dirk and Harden have one MVP, while Karl Malone and Steve Nash have two, is such a joke that it is amazing to think that these rules have not been changed already.

Media d*&k riding of players like Jokic, Nash, Doncic, Curry, Thomspon, etc., is what makes it infuriating to watch basketball nowadays.

Anyone who has ever been to the Basketball HOF will see what I mean. Its filled with mediocre talent and people that 90% of fans have never heard of. What a joke!

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's amazing how riled up people are about Wiggins starting the All Star game when it's been a popularity contest over 20 years.

Nobody really gives a damn about the All Star game anymore, let that man live.

plutoblue11 and javal_lon like this.
  8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Who was more deserving than Steve Nash those seasons? What's wrong with a unanimous Curry in 2015? Who else deserved first place votes?

To take it a step further, why is CP3 more deserving than Booker?

9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

It'll rile Harden fans b/c the narrative will be "Curry turned perennial underachiever Andrew Wiggins into an all-star".

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Only you think this has anything to do with Harden.

You were the guy saying Wiggins was a bum last year now Curry has turned him into an allstar.

Kick rocks.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Wiggins had a negative RAPTOR score last year. Do you know what that means?

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So what?

Brandon Ingram has a negative Raptor this year and so do a lot of other good players.

What do you think this proves?

Why did Curry not "turn him around" last year?

14. i3artow i3aller

15. ExTexanNowEastCoast

Not sure how old you are, but Nash should have won one MVP that period. Dirk or LeBron were far more deserving in 2005 than he was. I would lean toward Dirk, but I could get behind an argument for LeBron. But not for Nash. His team had a worse record in 2005 than in 2004.

How in the hell is Curry a unanimous MVP on a team with 4 all stars? Heck Jordan and LeBron never won unanimous MVPs, and both were more deserving.

It’s like the jackass who gave a vote to Melo in 2013. He said that no one should be a unanimous MVP.

I hope he felt that way in 2015, but I doubt it.

CP3 makes the Suns run. Booker was on the Suns when they were a lottery team every season. Since CP3 showed up, they are on the verge of another 60 win season. I think that says it all.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Darn....I miss the Middle Ages. :confused:;)

Keed.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

For the Wolves I'd say yes. I think you are a bust if you bust for the team that drafted you (or the team you started with since they traded for him technically)

He's had a good career but still did not live up to expectations as a #1 pick. He's supposed to be leading teams and have several all-star selections by now.

NewAge and daywalker02 like this.
  18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

What does a negative RAPTOR rating prove? It proves Wiggins wasn't as good as everyone thinks he was last year.

Ingram may be a good player, but he isn't having a good year, and that's reflected in his RAPTOR rating.

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Nash absolutely deserved his 2005 MVP. The Suns had 29 wins in 2004. Nash led them to 62 wins in 2005 while the 2005 Mavs had 58 wins. That puts Nash ahead of Dirk.

And 2006? Amare Stoudemire missed the season, and Nash STILL led the Suns to 54 wins despite also losing Joe Johnson. He clearly deserved his 2nd MVP.

Who were the 4 all-stars? Curry also had one of the greatest offensive seasons in NBA history. He also led the league in scoring while hitting 400+ threes at an absurd 45% while leading the Warriors to the best regular season record in NBA history.

You don't think that's deserving of a unanimous MVP?

It really doesn't. Statistically, CP3 and Booker are closer than you'd think. Booker averages 10 more ppg while CP3 averages 5.5 more apg. It's tough to argue that one is more important than the other.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member