1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Andrew Sharp] Shooting for the moon: Why Rockets, 76ers have failed to launch

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheGoldenGreek, Feb 24, 2016.

1. TheGoldenGreek

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/02/24/rockets-76ers-gregg-popovich-spurs-warriors-daryl-morey-sam-hinkie

I took issue with the quoted line but overall not a bad look at what's going wrong this season. Lazy journalism to just join in on the "Howard and Harden hate each other" narrative...

2. curbur

curbur Member

We are terrible this year, and I'm reaching levels of sadness I didn't think basketball was capable of making me feeling. With that being said, **** any hack journalist who tries to associate the Rockets' troubles being anywhere on par with the elephant graveyard that is the 76ers.

2 people like this.
  3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

It makes no coherent points whatsoever.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Harden & Howard are terrible leaders that no one wants to play with blahblahblah

Hinkie & Morey worked together; league caught up to them, they failed to "adapt" blahblahblah

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Classic Andrew Sharp.

6. TheGoldenGreek

I think the point about the rest of the league catching up has some merit, but for the most part I agree with you. He completely ignores the fact that there was great on-court "chemistry" with this group last year and he also tries to make it seem like Bosh didn't sign here due to chemistry concerns...

As we know all to well Bosh likely was going to sign here if not for Miami's increased last-minute offer. Sharp seems to be a fan of revisionist history.

7. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I'll read it if someone copies it in here by I'm not giving another click to that toad.

8. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

More like Howard Harden and Ariza are the only ones you can count on.

Bev was missing layups college players make and airballing wide open 3s
    Brewer has reverted back to the player he always was
    Jones has regressed
    Josh has regressed
    Dmo hurt
    Lawson sucks now
    Caplea has regressed or hit a slump
    Terry is too old

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I agree with most of this, other than Bev and his shooting. I'm more disappointed with Bev's defense than I am his offense.

Who would have thought after last year that the window for this team as constructed was one year?

10. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Never go full Sharp.

11. malakas

malakas Member

I agree with most of the article and that makes me very very sad.
    League caught up but we havent adapted. Morey and Hinkie not paying attention to character or coaching. Or even fit.

12. thejav

thejav Member

Rockets in the same article as the 76ers...#Pursuit

13. jogo

jogo Member

All of Morey's stockpiling of assets and compulsive pick shuffling did land him two superstars. He just landed the wrong ones. Howard and Harden are good players, but terrible leaders, and at this point they don't even like each other.

I won't read an article that tries to compare our team to the 76ers. We made it to the WCF last year. We have 2 stars in the league. We are nothing like the 76ers.

Also, the not liking each other part seems to be a media driven rumor. For as bad as our year has been, neither star is badmouthing teammates or coaches.

This is a down year but that doesn't mean our team is awful. We need a coach who can make our team play defense like we did last year.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's all about leadership, heart, and being fiery

Let's hire VY, Tim Tebow amd David Eckstein as consultants

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Team A has consistently won 50 games a year until this year and made the WCF just last year after one of the more exiting playoff runs in recent memory.

Team B has been a total disaster, setting records in futility, routinely getting high draft picks that are injured, never amounting to anything and spinning their wheels on the tank train.

Team A and Team B are the same? Seems legit.

16. malakas

malakas Member

Media driven hmmm ok
    I guess woj is unreliable as well now.

Oh and the comparison wasnt between philly and houston. I was between their process and the process of other teams in the league like the spurs.

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Let's draw conclusions on small data sets, but overlook the fact that teams doing it the other way are struggling just as equally. The Lakers and Knicks have rejected analytics, how are their respective seasons going?

19. rockets13champs

I think its the lack of talent around them. we have the wrong supporting cast

20. malakas

malakas Member

You have blonde hair.
    Leo di caprio has blonde hair.
    I compare and say that your hair is similar.

Doesnt mean that the rest of you is as good looking as him. ( no offence).

Cant believe this article went over the head of so many here. Probably just saw who the writer is and the title and didnt even read it.