1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrew Bynum

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by clippy, Mar 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. boiler

boiler Member

Maybe Bynum's hit had something to do with Beasily's awkward fall? Lol.

Yeah, right, if Bynum did this to telephone pole, nothing would've happend, not even a regular foul.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

3. red_alertz

red_alertz Member

it was nothing but a good tough inside play that has gone wrong, who knows if beasily was flopping?

4. clippy

clippy Member

Ok, goodbug, so if Kobe ever gets elbow tackled while he is three feet in the air (can he get three feet in the air anymore?), we'll just bump this up since that's just a "good tough inside play".

5. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

He's not a troll though. He actually believes what he's typing. I'm convinced of that. He's just really, really dumb.

6. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

If that's the case, it's not even a foul. That's the treatment he's getting these days. If you don't know what I am talking about, check the latest OKC game at about 1:00 mark.

7. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Lol I do agree, in terms of superstars, Kobe does not get the respect he should.

BUT you completely missed the point of the post which you quoted.

If somebody did that to Kobe or any Laker, you would be wanting his head (especially Kobe).

8. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Supposedly it's because despite the fact that the Lakers got all the calls in the early half of his career, he still mouths off the refs as much as anyone this side of Chris Paul (and apparently travels a lot).

9. goodbug

Did I argue Bell should get 5-10 games suspensions when he did clothesline to Kobe in 06 playoff? Only girly Clipper fans are like that.

10. clippy

clippy Member

1) A one game suspension in the playoffs is much worse than a 5 game suspension in the regular season.

2) Fisher only got a one game suspension for his pre-meditated elbow on Scola.

3) Bynum could have ended Beasley's career with that dirty move. Much worse than what Bell did.

11. BleedRocketsRed

Seriously you can't compare the Bell shot to the Bynum shot.

The Bynum shot was just a weak cheapshot.

THE GUY WAS IN THE AIR.

12. BleedRocketsRed

I stand by my statement, if somebody did that to any Laker (especially Kobe), you would want his head. Quit defending it, you are only embarrassing yourself.

13. goodbug

You can always survive an elbow to the chest, but can be killed by a clothesline to the neck.

Just have some common sense.

14. clippy

clippy Member

When you are three feet in the air and an elbow to the chest knocks you horizontally, you are a heck of a lot more likely to have a major injury by breaking your neck, spine, etc than when you are stationary. Talk about common sense. Seriously, would you even be arguing this if this weren't a Laker? It was a dirty play, and it would be a dirty play no matter who did it. Unfortunately a two game suspension doesn't send any message and it is very likely Bynum will do this **** again, and next time he might really hurt someone.

15. goodbug

You sound like being gang raped by Lakers. Let it go.
    Kobe was driving when Bell did the clothesline. His neck and body went on a different direction on a clothesline, and that's not more dangerous than a hit to the chest in the air?
    Too bad you are not Stu Jackson and you don't decide the rules. But you really want Bynum to be suspended for 10 games? He's gonna be fresh in playoff and that should **** you in the pants.

16. clippy

clippy Member

Just to be clear, these are the plays we are comparing, right?
    <iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q7iTtjMTUkw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    vs.
    <iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VU7RiLERJ-Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    I mean, I know you are an idiot, but I didn't think you were blind as well.

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

and i have him for my fantasy team, getting suspended! screw you 7 foot gary coleman :p

18. goodbug

Only idiot believes neck is less vulnerable than chest.

19. amaru

amaru Member

The NBA should really put a stop too all of this and make an example of the next person to do it.

If I could, the next clearly dirty shot ( that can potentially threaten somebody's career or life....Beasley could have landed on his next) results in a suspension for the rest of the year w/o pay.

Let that happen once or twice and I think you will see a sharp decline in such plays.

20. amaru

amaru Member

Could have landed on his neck I mean...sorry :eek: