1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrew Bynum likely out for season...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by MambaJoe, Nov 21, 2012.

1. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20121119/SPORTS03/121118014/Exclusive-Evidence-shows-76ers-Bynum-likely-out-season?gcheck=1&nclick_check=1

2. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Lock if posted....

3. k-money

k-money Member

lakers with another win...

4. Orange

Orange Member

He will still get a Max contract next year.

1 person likes this.
  5. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Its crazy how much the Sixers took a gamble knowing how bad his knees are. The biggest question is will they still offer him a max contract even though his knees won't hold out much longer?

At the beginning of the trade, the Sixers looked like they got a great deal by dealing Andre Iguodala and getting back the 2nd best center in the NBA. At the end, the Lakers made a fool out of everyone, dealt a player they know that will break down soon and got the best center in the NBA for it.

6. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't know. I thought so but now I'm not so sure. I think he will get max money on an annual basis, but I wonder if anybody will be willing to offer him more than 3 years.

8. clippy

clippy Member

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy LOOOL

9. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Looks like he will have a lot more time to practice that money 3 ball he loves.

10. RCKTBachar

RCKTBachar Member

This is career threatening. It depends on the size of the lesions and if they are on the weight bearing areas of his cartilage. He will require microfracture knee surgery. He will not get another max contract at this point in time. If someone offers him one in the summer they are taking a massive gamble, one in which they will likely loose.

11. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

these days it seems its impossible to develop a big...

all that pounding/abuse they get inside the paint

12. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Bynum is just another bullet we have dodged.

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

imagine locking him up after everything that happened with yao.

14. Gundam

Gundam Member

Looks like the Lakers scored even bigger with D12 if this is true..sucks for Philly tho..

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Perhaps it's karma for all the potentially career-threatening elbows he always throws.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

When Howard was traded to the Lakers, it was like a harpoon to my NBA heart. I know it isn't but the system seems rigged. Hearing this about Bynum just magnifies the perception.

Haven't watched one single NBA game in over a week and don't miss it at all.

I may be an outlier moving to an island, but it wouldn't surprise me if we look back 10-15 years from now and the consensus was LeBron & Bosh going to Miami (and the trend it caused) began a downward slide for the NBA.

1 person likes this.
  17. conquistador#11

he can legally park in the handicap space if this continues...

2 people like this.
  18. LoyalRocket

LoyalRocket Member

Nice!!!!:grin:

19. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

fixed it for you and it really was Boston that started it because Lebron was unable to get passed Boston from 08-10 because of the 3(4) star system that they had. Guaranteed if Lebron had won a title or two in the three seasons he played solo against the big 3 in Boston he would have stayed in Cleveland. Maybe even making the finals would have been enough to keep him.

20. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

The NBA seems rigged until David Stern retires. Its always the big market teams that gets the prized player while others receives their damaged goods. I just felt that the trade should have been rejected because of Bynum's physical. I know the Sixers gave Bynum a physical and they should already know his knee problems from the start.

Anyway, the Magic didn't get anything in return for Howard but a bunch of mediocre players but one thing for sure, I know David Stern will reward them with the 1st round draft pick.