1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrew Bogut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sirjesse, Feb 23, 2017.

1. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

If Bogut turns us down again, I'm gonna load him into a catapult and launch him directly into the sun

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I guess some people here consider Harrell and Nene centers..

Harrell is not a center, Nene is more like a PF than a center. The only real center we have is Capela

3. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Illegal screen time. EG gonna love Bogut.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree..unfortunately.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Between Harden and Lou drawing fouls and Bogut's constant illegal picks, the refs will either get tired of making calls or their whistles will just melt.

#125 topfive, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

If Bogut comes here and sets picks for Harden and Lou using the cookie jar move, we're going to shoot 15 FT's a game just on 3 pointers.

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

His illegal screens would be helpful to our shooters. He's such a scumbag, but fills a need on this team.

I'm not convinced he'll sign here though, we definitely took a risk unloading those guys for nothing.

8. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

actually now that i think about it. why would he go to a loaded frontcourt situation in SA if he wanted PT?

cleveland doesn't have a chance if (when) they get deron though. SA has too much depth in the front court and going there seems like a move to spite us, though i guess that's a possibility with this douche canoe.

i think the only real options are houston or boston if he wants to go to a contender.

9. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Ha! No, I was responding to a question about the respective CAP situations for CLE and SAS.

heypartner likes this.
  10. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Question is if Bogut wants to be here. When the trade happened I believe he had a choice to come to Houston and he picked Dallas. I don't think he likes us and or Harden from some choice words.

Even said that DMA is a good choice but not a coach that fits his style of play. I guess we can take it for what it's worth, but doesn't make sense because GS plays a bit of the same type of offense.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He's giving up money to get released so he can pick a contender. I'm not sure an extra million is going to matter to him, honestly.

Vivi likes this.
  12. thedude077

thedude077 Member

What a fat ass.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why the secrecy? :p

topfive likes this.
  14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

A full 3 hrs before the trade deadline ended and well ahead of these chumps, right after I heard Bogut was traded. Can I get my insider status please next to my name? Surely if _holic.....

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

But in his defense, when that trade went down, no one saw the Rockets sitting at 40-18 and in 3rd place at the All-Star Break. And very few predicted the Mavs would be this bad(especially with Bogut). If he doesn't wanna come here now, it means he reeeeeeeally doesn't wanna play for the Rockets.

16. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

Every time we play against long centers we have a hard time . I'm sorry for the haters but he is exactly what we need a long and big center that can rebound, pass, set good picks and he is decent shot blocker. Besides it's better to get him before Cleveland, Golden State or San Antonio. I'm all in for Bogut.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah it's been openly admitted by players across the league in interviews, that they didn't expect the rockets to have the season they've had thus far. Whether that helps Boguts case or not remains to be seen. There could very well be just dislike by both parties at the end of the day

18. edwardc

edwardc Member

Please no barnes i don't like that guy at all.

19. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Love that you called him a Scumbag. Agreed

DonKnock likes this.
  20. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Yeah I hope this is the case that it was just trade talk BS etc...As much as I didn't like him in GS, he fills a glaring need on our team and I would be fine with. Everyone needs to suck it up if he comes here and helps this team one way or another. His rebounding, size and rim protection is needed. The depth is also key with our older players like Nene.