1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrew Bogut gets 5yr/72m

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DcProWLer277, Jul 9, 2008.

1. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

:confused:

first adding jefferson for $15M/yr for the next 3 years, now this?

i guess they are convinced they can win with this roster.

3. FFz

FFz Member

i feel sorry for bogut. He's gotta spend at least 5 more years in milwaukee unless someone deems his horrible contract worth trading for.

4. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

IMHO, Bogut underrated.

Bogut > Okafor.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

What the hell is wrong with owners?

Even in hyper-inflated NBA terms, Bogus...sorry, Bogut...is worth nowhere near that much. The same owner just flushed, uh, what's the name of the small forward he sent to Jersey for Jefferson? He also gave a mint to Gadzuric, 3rd string center. I mean, dayumn, is that the price of business to have someone stay in Mi-lee-wah-kay The Good Land?

7. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

big country faints
    [​IMG]
    Just kidding, Bogut is much better.

8. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Thank you Stu Jackson for taking care of my life.

Your sincerely,
    Big Country.

9. baller4life315

That's a pricey pill to swallow but Milwaukee really had no choice. You don't pull off a deal like the RJ deal unless you want to "win now" and keeping Bogut happy and motivated is an integral part of that process.

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Bogut needs all the money he can get to run his anti-America, anti-NBA culture propaganda machine.

I agree that Americans and especially rich athletes can overindulge but this guy is a bit of douche when he gets every penny he can from an organization and a country and then runs home to the outback and trashes them.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Bucks were probably forced to lock him up. It could end up being a good move. I don't see them play enough to comment if they overpaid him. The Bucks are a boring team, boring franchise with the worst announcers in the NBA.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

If Bogut can get $14 million per season, Bynum probably can too.

The whole market consists of just 30 owners. If these owners are shelling out that much money for big men, the market says they are worth it.

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

he averaged a career high in points because the teams #1 option was out for a while. much like chris kaman averaging 15ppg with brand out for most of the season.

not to mention playing in the east. not many guys to compete with in the paint on a nightly basis there.

14. droxford

droxford Member

I still like that clip of Bogut high-fiving himself

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zc11PUnFgkQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zc11PUnFgkQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

15. emjohn

emjohn Member

I can't argue with that. I'd sign Bynum over Bogut for the same dollars any day.

16. Kim

Kim Member

He's a good rebounder and has some skills. I guess he could be one of those veteran savvy Centers for a long time in the NBA (even though he's young). I just don't like his flopping galore...one of the least talked about super-floppers in the NBA.

17. abigwreck

abigwreck Member

He was a monster for stretches this season, I still wouldn't throw 15 mil a year at him tho :eek: Maybe if the Bucks are still awful later in the season they will have a fire sale for Redd? /wishfulthinking

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

This could mean Mo Williams is gone.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I guess that's where moneyball comes in. I have no idea how valuable 7-foot centers are in terms of winning basketball games. But if they are overvalued, then moneyball will shun this kind of players and look for undervalued kinds.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Member

Milwaukee is riddled with bad contracts. They have a solid line up now though, I hope they make a splash in the east.