1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrea Bargnani??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tony Stark, Dec 11, 2011.

Tags:
  1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He plays no D. Probably worse than KMart LOL

2. DaEastDakota

DaEastDakota Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pzazsJESZa8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't mind

DED

3. tested911

tested911 Member

Yes because we would only have to pay 1/2 of his salary right? If more then no.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If you claim him off waivers then you essentially get caught up in a bidding system with Non Tax-paying teams where your essentially in an auction with other buyers.

If he clears waivers then Toronto pays his total salary and the Rockets could pay him as little as the veteran's minimum.

More than likely though Bargnani would get claimed off of waivers, so your probably looking at 4 to 8 million a year that you would take over on his existing contract. Toronto would pay the difference.

3 years, 5 mil a year seems about right, but who knows what some teams might pay for someone over 7ft.

-Seeing as though Jonas V. wont be coming to the NBA this year, I would assume Toronto would want to wait till next summer to amnesty Bargnani. They have the next six years to use their amnesty clause.

5. DaAnexMexDakota

DaAnexMexDakota New Member

Why not??

6. DaEastDakota

DaEastDakota Member

From my limited seen Raptor action, he's no worse than Scola on D, but a lot better on the offensive side.

DED

7. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Lol, if we get Bargnani we would have the worst defense in the league.

Kmart Scola Bargnani ROFL ROFL

8. il italiano

il italiano Member

9. outlaw96

outlaw96 Member

No way. Guy can shoot, and is good on offense, but he's soft, weak on D and has bad attitude. I personally think he's bad on D mostly because of his attitude. He's not giving his best effort and is lazy in most cases.

I also have in question his ability to think on the court. this year in European champinship he fouled a guy with 0.3 left on opposite court when the score was tie - Italy lost eventually. The most stupid foul I have ever seen.See very last seconds of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS5jxH3hmfE

PS. watched that gime live in arena :)

10. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Cause we already have D Mo

11. Strawman

Strawman Member

I live in toronto and support the raptors. We don't even like barg here, he grabs less boards than some pointguards, thats unacceptable for a starting center. He can score, but it's not worth the defensive liability and lack of rebounds, things that you look for in a big man, he does not have. He's a great shooter and scorer though. Honestly I want toronto to trade him for a top 10 pick.

12. outlaw96

outlaw96 Member

Yeah, I've heard most raptors fans does not like bargnani and wants him traded.

13. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

He'd be awesome if we had a defensive back to the basket 5 that we could put him at the 4. Problem is.. we don't lol
    - his game is what I see Dmo coming to but hopefully Dmo has better defence
    - ppl complain about his boards but he gets the same output as brook lopez though... i would rather have lopez but just saying lol