1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Andre Miller wants Max; Cavs might trade.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WoodlandsBoy, Feb 1, 2002.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

To say that Griffins offense is in its infancy says a lot about how scarry he can be once his offense matures. I personally think that Eddie has the talent to be every bit as good if not better than KG but of course we will have to wait and see if it developes. Personally I think it will.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Got the message now ;).

3. SA Rocket

SA Rocket Contributing Member

Let's see.....28-10(number of fingers?)=AT LEAST 18 TOES!?!?

Crash please post photos of your digits. We've just gotta see how using your toes and fingers allows you to come up with a combination of 28! :eek: :D

4. kbm

kbm Member

Crash5179 I sure wish you were a part of the timberwolves consultant team. I'd sure like to discuss a trade with you. ;)

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

TPL- I guess Shareef being an all star doesn't mean anything? SAR has been a good player on a sorry team since entering the league just like Brand was with the Bulls. I've watched Shareef since I've had league pass and thats about 5 or 6 yrs and the guy has post game, rebound and runs the court. If you were to tared any of our frontline players for SAR, we would be at least in .500 even with Francis being out.

The fans on BBS who don't get to see other players play really put their foot in their mouth when talking about what players don't deserve the max. If Miller doesn't deserve the max, then I don't know who does. The game is larger than Steve Francis as much as people don't believe it. Most people were surprised when Barn dropped 30 and 10 dimes and Franchise and Nash dropped 30 also, but I wasn't. There are some real good pg's in this league besides Francis. Just because Miller doesn't dunk on people like Francis does doesn't mean he's not as good of player.

So what Miller doesn't shoot the 3 or waste dribbles trying to crosse people over, but what he does is gets his team into the offense, don't turn the ball over, and drop dimes like a mutha. He's had consecutive triple doubles this past week and if I'm not mistaken, he's secong to Kidd this yr , another guy who can't shoot the 3. TPL and some of you other guys need to wake up and be a student of the game and not a single focused homer fan. There are players on every team that produce just like the players on the Rockets and just because you don't have the chance to watch them doesn't mean they're any less important to their team as Francis is to ours. Whats our record now with Francis in the lineup?

6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

leebigez,

Just because someone is a homer doesn't make Miller as good as Francis. Because I'm a homer, it doesn't make Francis as good as Kidd. Different people will have different perceptions, and I doubt my homer glasses are that thick.

I'd say Miller's limitations are bigger than Francis's but that's my opinion.

There are plenty of players that I believe are better than/on par with Francis. As far as players that have come into the league in the past 4 years, I'd say none are in a class above Francis, but I'd throw Baron, Brand, Odom in his class with several players from this past draft having the potential to join that level with Gasol leading the way. Miller isn't as good as these players, in my opinion, but he's still a damn good player.

7. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

What is Miller's limitation Joe Joe? He may not be able to rise up and dunk on people, but what else can't he do on the court? He avg almost 5 rebs 10asst and 16pts from the point. He has a good post up game for a guard, he shoots 45% from the field and where is it written that the pg had to shoot the 3?Look how many 3's KJ shot in his first 7 yrs in the league. The only limitations Miller has is he's not th athelete that Braon and Steve are, but that doesn't mean he can't be as good or a better player. He shoots a higher % than both, asst more than both and probably defend better than both. I don't see where you got the limitation part from.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Stockton is not the best athlete at all, but he is arguably the best PG ever to play the game, you know why? .....BRAINS !!!!

DaDakota

9. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

JKidd and GP couldn't shoot a lick from the outside when they came in the league. While I don't Miller will be quite as good as Kidd or GP is now, it is certainly much fairer to compare Miller to them than it is to compare Knight or Rivers to Miller.

IMO Miller, Nash and Davis all compete for the 2nd most promising young PG out there, and that is after Francis (I guess Nash isn't that young in age but he is young on the scene so I mention him anyway). Now Stevie's troubles and weaker performance so far this year might make it a closer case, but any GM in their right mind would take him over ANY of the guys mentioned. In fact until Steve's migranes, him and Brand were clearly the most solid and best basketball players to join the pros over the last 3 years IMO.

Miller will get the max, Davis will get the max. Davis does have a slightly higher ceiling but Miller is smarter on the floor, more aggressive in leading his team on the break (he does this better than anyone other than Kidd) and more consistent right now. Basically I think they are pretty even in overall value. Also, I am a Mobley fan, but it is silly to consider him as valuable as either. Besides if we were to trade Mobley I would want a forward or center who can play defense and score inside, not a PG.

If EG becomes as good as McDyess or SAR or a head on strait Sheed we all should be very satisfied. That is a tall order but not totally unreasonable expectation IMO. Now if EG becomes as good as Garnett (easily a top 5 player) we should kiss the ground Rudy walks on. Personally, I think EG is talented but I don't even think he looks like he is as rawly gifted as KG or say Chris Webber. I hope you and he doesn't bear expectations of him being as good as those 1st team all-NBA caliber guys because that would really be stacking the deck against him for his career.

#109 Desert Scar, Feb 4, 2002
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2002
  10. Hydra

Hydra Member

I would say Magic, but your point is still valid.

11. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Um, I would take a PG with brains and gifted athleticism (Magic, Isiah, Payton, Kidd) over one with brains but less gifted athleticsm (Stockton) any day of the week.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Desert Scar,

Yes, no doubt, unfortunately we don't have one right now.

DaDakota