1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Johnson Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Commodore, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Well something or someone is still cursing the Texans at 0-2.

2. Raven

Raven Member

I don't have any beef with Dre. I'm sorry to see his career ending this way.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Sorry?!?! He's stealing millions from the Colts!!! We should all be so lucky.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He's called Rick Smith.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

He just looks slow...

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I was and still am rooting for Andre to do well individually in Indianapolis, but man does it feel nice to have the Colts to wallow with in the dumpster right now at 0-2.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Commentator on NFL Network said, "He (Dre) can't really run anymore".

Wouldn't it be hilarious if we won @IND this year?
    The theme would change from: "Texans never winning @IND" .... to.... "Dre never winning HOU@IND"

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

The last time the Colts were bad they wound up with Luck. Can they just be average?

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

That team sucks. Lulz.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I wonder how hard it will be going to work for AJ now. LOL.

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

The thread title needs to change to "The Andre Johnson depreciation thread"

13. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I'll never discount the Colts as long as Andrew Luck in under center - but Gore and AJ did nothing for me. They had a crapton of cash and didn't improve the OL and let a perfectly dangerous running back (Murray) go untouched. Worse, they doused that available cash with lighter fluid and didn't even bother to use it to absorb the pending Andrew Luck extension, which, if I missed on improving actual team needs, would have immediately become my priority.

Rumors have the GM and HC going at each other, with the GM likely to win - which seems like the worst possible choice. Unless you're a Texan fan.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andre Johnson continues to prove himself as the greatest Texan ever. He took one for the team and went to Indy to sabotage the Colts</p>&mdash; Zach Harrell (@ZHarrell711) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZHarrell711/status/646168510742163457">September 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Loved Andre while he was here. Now that he's not here, I'm totally ambivalent. Once he comes back and retires as a Texan, I'll love him again.

The 0-2 start for the colts is very encouraging as a Texans fan. But they also started 0-2 last year, so.... But this time, it just feels different.

The AJ and Gore signings just screamed of desperation to me. Shades of the Texans signing Ed Reed. Trying to placate the fans with a couple of big names.

16. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

This. Although I'm something less than ambivalent.

With zero catches on ONE target this afternoon, he's now on pace to catch...37 balls this season. Wonder if it's "hard" for him to go to work these days.

A lot of folks owe Bill O'Brien an apology for his wisdom in letting a no longer producing malcontent go.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Feel bad for him. Oh well. If he retires hopefully we bring him back to the organization in some capacity.

I think when he tore that hamstring the second time and had the surgery (rather than let it heal with rest) so he could return to the playoffs vs Bengals was pretty much the beginning of the end.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

With Andre Johnson turning into a total scrub and Larry Fitzgerald's career having a resurgence, he could end up passing Andre Johnson in career yards by the end of the season. Kind of a shame how much he's fallen off, if you had asked me 2 years ago, I'd have told you there's almost no chance that happens.

19. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

AJ pace for the season:

37 receptions
    272 yards
    7.3 ypr
    0 TDs

Didnt OB mention 40 catches according to AJ? He'd be more involved on our team. :grin:

(Obviously, he'll do better than the "pace", I think...but this is just for fun, so dont hate).

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Think it was 50.