1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Johnson: An anti-diva wide receiver

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by underrated015, Sep 23, 2010.

1. underrated015

underrated015 Member

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/09/andre-johnson-an-anti-diva-wid.html

2. underrated015

underrated015 Member

oh yea , a few comments n remarks from cowgirls fans regarding to the article.

dissing Andre?? man i hope we beat the crap out of them.

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

The Cowboys have won 1 playoff game in 14 years and they're talking about "Lets see how he acts when he wins a few playoff games." What?

4. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

at least Cowgirl fans admit they think the Texans are going to the playoffs. :grin:

5. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Not surprised at the comments. It goes both ways.

6. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

Miles Austin is all about business just like Andre. That's why he's dating Kim Kardashian.

7. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

....haven't read the tabloids recently have ya?

8. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

nothing against miles austin, he seems like a stand up guy, but I cant believe ppl say that hes better than Andre.

9. marky :)

marky :) Member

Celebrating in the endzone makes him a diva? He just scored a game tying touchdown on 4th down.... everyone would celebrate in that situation. Wat makes him an antidiva is he didnt talk **** about it a postgame conference

10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Only Cowboys fans say that. Go visit Cowboys-Forum.com and get ready for a good laugh. They tried to run me out of that place for saying Miles Austin is not better than AJ. And I "disrespected" Miles Austin because I didn't put him in my top five (AJ, Fitz, Moss, Calvin Johnson, Marshall, and Wayne are better, in my opinion).

11. liljojo

liljojo Member

Your opinion is more of a fact. I'd put him top 15, top 10 tops.

12. marky :)

Miles austin has wat 1 season with good stats? where as these other recievers have multiple seasons with great stats. Maybe he WILL be a top 5 reciever in the future but right now hes probably top 10-top 15

13. conquistador#11

Remember when he put the beat down on the douche, cortland finnegan.
    That was the only time I've seen Andre like that. A great moment that was.

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

amazing how people can see something that's not there.

"turned to the defender" :confused: Andre never looked at the guy.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They did have a point on the contract extension deal. If that had been a Cowboys player he would have been roasted.

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not necessarily. And he took plenty of flack for the extension. Then reason why it didnt make a bigger stink was that AJ didnt drag it out and still attended camp, save one day. Plus, what he was requesting wasnt completely unreasonable.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He didn't drag it out because the Texans worked with him. Everyone in the media was reporting consistently that McNair was willing to redo the deal. He ended up getting the highest contract in the sport right? (2nd?)

Had the Texans said "um, no, we aren't going to give you a new contract" Andre would likely have held out. Other players have been in far less unreasonable situations than Andre and demanded new contracts. When their teams have held the line with them and they held out they've been bashed by fans.

18. marky :)

Ya at least he didnt talk about his contract situation in a post game interview.... cough* randy moss :p

19. liljojo

liljojo Member

I don't consider holding out on training camp diva-ish. Its just a negotiation tactic. Even if he held out on training camp, he would have most likely been back for preseason and would definitely be back for the regular season. Heck, he didn't even wait for a deal to be done to go back to OTA's, just a promise to talk it over.

He wanted to be paid how much he felt he was worth, and handled it about as well as someone in that position could. Not exactly diva behavior. It's not like he bashed the team or wrote stuff on his shoes.

20. AB_ALLDAY

AB_ALLDAY Member

Yeah and half of these guys complaining aren't about to be 30, can get another contract and are not a possible future hall of famer. I know one thing. I wouldn't want to be michael jenkins or terence newman come sunday.