1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Johnson - 2024 NFL Hall of Fame Nominee

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Nov 28, 2023.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Feel old? [​IMG]

Texans Legend™ Ed Reed
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

better pic

ROCKSS, JamesC, crose and 2 others like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Owen Daniels is 10 years younger than me, so, yes. Thanks!

ROCKSS and red5rocket like this.
  4. thegary

thegary Member

Was a great speech, Andre was the man, still is…

ROCKSS likes this.
  5. chef0010

chef0010 Rookie

He sided with Deshaun and said that Texans as a franchise waste players careers

6. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

To be fair, that is still a true statement.. doesn’t mean we aren’t in the process of fixing it.

clos4life and JamesC like this.
  7. chef0010

chef0010 Rookie

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. tallanvor

tallanvor Member

Where schaub?

10. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

It wasn’t trash. Our FO was trash. And I don’t think Dre knew that Watson was getting his chocolate star fondled by unwilling ladies at the time.

I am so happy we are where we are.. but to sh*t on Andre for being over this FO when Watson, Dhop, AND WATT were all feeling the same way is a special kind of homerism.. this team wasted a lot of players primes. It sucks, but it’s the truth.

HOWEVER, I think they have finally figured it out and are going all in while they have a star QB on rookie deal, and bringing in all the pieces. And even Dre is back boosting the team AND THE FO. You forget Easterby was here? goodness…

ROCKSS, clos4life, red5rocket and 2 others like this.
  11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Surprised Foster wasn’t there

12. chef0010

chef0010 Rookie

So Andre is a bandwagon fan

13. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

If anyone who questions the FO 2019-2023 and is now happy with where the team is headed is a bandwagon fan, then put me in that group as well.

WAIT.. Nevermind, this conversation and the post about the Bryce Young thread being terrible are your ONLY posts in the Texans forum. All within the last week... so who is the bandwagon fan? Go back to the GARM with the JJ FATT guy.

14. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

It was awesome watching him speak........someone said his tele prompter went out, not sure if true but it was a great speech. Generational Talent............my "what if" is what if he actually had a decent QB for 5 years

clos4life likes this.
  15. Fantasma Negro

Shannon: Which qb would you pick to play your entire career with?

Andre: There's two, C.J. Stroud and Patrick Mahomes

#155 Fantasma Negro, Aug 28, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2024
    ROCKSS likes this.
  16. Rockets34Legend

I would of looooooooooooved to see that beatdown by Andre!

17. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

For a relatively still-new franchise to have two Hall of Famers head to Canton within ~four years of each other - and >30 years after the team's creation - is pretty remarkable. (And I suspect Duane Brown will join them at some point.) It took the Oilers 31 years to get two* Hall of Famers.

* Ken Houston & Earl Campbell; George Blanda & Charlie Joiner both went in before Houston - but I'm not sure either would even remotely be associated with the Oilers. Blanda, maybe - he played ~30% of his career with the Oilers.

18. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

God, I hate this.

HOW THE HELL CAN HE NOT BE ASSOCIATED WITH THE OILERS?!?!?! With the exception of 3 seasons with the Bears, the man was a glorified kicker that took the occasional snap under center. His WORST Oilers season was more productive than his ENTIRE career in Oakland! He held something like 25 passing records when he retired...all set while he was in Houston. He won the first 2 AFL championship games in Houston.

I'm not gonna argue the perception because you're right he isn't really associated with the Oilers, but it just doesn't make any sense. Not to me anyway.

Also, I've seen Curly Culp associated with the Chiefs a bit more than I care for although his time in KC was just a season less than in Houston.

Finally, there's not a single Hall of Famer who spent the bulk of his career playing in Possum Holler. They can try and claim Matthews all they want...

Edit: And now that I think about it, is Ken Houston really associated with the Oilers? It seems like he's always talked about in relation to Washington. If I hadn't looked I'd have assumed he spent much more time in Washington (8 seasons) than Houston (6 seasons). And for the record, one of the worst trades in Houston sports history.

#158 Colt45, Aug 29, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2024
  19. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

Almost certainly because his entire tenure was in the AFL. Plus, I'm not sure you can get more iconic than the Bears and Raiders. So it's a uphill battle.

Washington, like Chicago and Oakland, is an iconic franchise.

Anyway, I don't know which team Houston is more associated with - I was focused on more of a "scientific" approach (ie games played). He spent 40-45% of his career in Houston. I think it's hard not to include him as an "Oiler" Hall of Famer.

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member