1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Hurt Already?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by emjohn, Jul 29, 2012.

1. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

[​IMG]
    IT's just practice man, take it easy. No need to layout for over thrown balls in training camp.

2. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Braylon Edwards is almost 30, and he had already tried for some teams, but he keeps leaving without a contract.

Edwards miss most part of 2011 season with a knee surgery.

Braylon worked out for Seattle, and they preferred to sign Antonio Bryant.
    Braylon worked out for the Dolphins last week, and it seems he wont be signed.

3. wadero

wadero Member

Well good thing we signed Bryant Johnson as insurance HURL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We cant find anyone better than Bryant Johnson WTF

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

While I'm not ready to jump off a cliff over this or anything, I don't get the "he'll be fine because, aside from last year, he's been injury-free" thinking. You can't just say "aside from last year" about your best player missing 9 games. He's not 24 anymore.

And the whole "just a precaution" talk has a familiar ring to it.

I'll be your huckleberry. :)

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

there will be a lot of tweaks here and there the first couple of weeks.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Why do I have the same feeling I did 3 years ago with Yao Ming?

7. Pringles

Pringles Member

I really hope one of the WR rookies or Lester Jean are ready to start opposite of Kevin Walters.

Then again, after last year, I think even Terrel Owens might do a better job at the #1 WR slot compared to Jacoby Jones.

8. spence99

spence99 Member

Hopefully everything is ok, but AJ always downplays every injury he has. They never think it's serious, then he ends up missing a month. Hopefully they are accurate this time and it really is nothing.

9. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I'm not one to panic or whatever, but it is concerning. A strain in practice. What if he was going full speed in a game? It could easily be that. You can't avoid age, and it seems like it's catching up to AJ. :/

I hope I'm wrong.

10. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I know this is a Rocket forum - but the Yao Ming thing is not applicable. He's not re-injuring the same foot over and over again because he's an abnormally gargantuan man trying to endure the physical wear-and-tear of a professional sports schedule.

The non-contact aspect is worrisome, as it hints at age/wear-and-tear possibly catching up to him. But it has no relation to Yao in any way.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Damn, if Hey Now! is finally worried about AJ, then I am DEFINITELY worried...

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

yep. you're going to see a lot of bruises and strains.

groin pulls can be bothersome and stick around a while.

don't let this be like the night of the living pulled hamstrings last year... let him sit out as long as he wants.

13. Hey Now!

Honestly? It's just you and me here, right? We're not talking about this with anyone else? He's a keeper option for me. There. I said it. So my "worry-meter" might be a little trigger-happy right now.

14. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Not at all worried, I'm confident that AJ won't skip a beat this season.

If he's half the competitor that I think he is, he has lot of things that HE wants to prove this season.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah, I'm worried he won't skip a beat and injuries will nag him all season like the last few years.

Too bad his body doesn't care about what he wants.

Texans should have prepared for this and gambled it wouldn't be an issue.

Last time the coaching staff and Smith gambled on a position of need they had the worst secondary in football history.

16. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

How exactly do you prepare for a top 3/the top WR in the league to miss major time?

The team is capped out and couldn't exactly outpay Detroit for Calvin Johnson.

Unlike last year, we drafted a couple wideouts in the draft and have 3-5 guys battling it out to be an heir apparent. Call me crazy, but I've got a lot more faith that one of them might step up than I did last year with Jacoby Jones.

If just one of these guys can be a downfield burner, Kubiak's playaction will work fine. It went to pot last year (and somewhat the year prior), because if Andre wasn't stretching zones back, Walter & Co were easy covers.

17. Hey Now!

In 2010, his 16-game pace was 106/1,497 with 10 TDs. Before getting hurt last year, his 16-game pace (through 3 games) was 112/1,685 with 11 TDs. Any "drop-off" was because he literally didn't play a full game until the playoffs, where he posted 13/201 with a TD in two games.

If he's on the field, AJ is still producing at an All-Pro level.

How do you, given any circumstance, "prepare" for not having one of the NFLs 2 or 3 best WRs, let alone with no cap space. Andre Johnsons don't grow on trees.

They played well without him last year, putting up their two biggest point totals of the year while going 4-2. This is no longer 2008 - the team can absorb the loss of AJ much better than it used to.

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

JJ Watt says hi

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Hhhhmmmm

Rocket River

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Another excuse for Kubiak...