1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andray Blatche in Houston for workout?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedrockets, Aug 29, 2012.

1. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

He's a center. Maybe he's made enough mistakes and is ready to be a professional basketball player. For the minimum, this is a very low risk, high reward move.

2. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I agree with signing him. You all are all about buying high. That's all you hear about on this site. Why not buy low - extremely low - & see what he can do? And you act like we're stacked at the PF spot. We have a lot of quantity - yes - but do we have quality?? I like DMo, but everyone else is completely unproven. Heck, DMo is unproven too. As far as being a negative influence, we can always cut him. Besides, are our players men or just a bunch of impressionable little boys?

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Why not have Asik play the 5, and Motiejunas back him up or play both spots?

Maybe he'd be semi-decent trade bait if he played okay without problems. But he's not a mentor or good influence.

If you're trying to get Patrick Patterson, Royce White, Terrence Jones, Motiejunas playing time, even though none of them are really centers Blatche will take time from them.

4. zhen_hui88

zhen_hui88 Member

Why not man why not!
    I say yes! Sign him for minimum!

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

6. Ditty

Ditty Member

Real Time NBA @NBA_365

A source has told NBA_365 that the Spurs are "seriously considering" signing Andray Blatche to a contract.

Posted yesterday and past tweets seem legit

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

Called it!

From July 18.

8. carib

carib Member

I think the Rockets should bring him in to camp and make a decision whether they will use him early in the season. The Rockets have a lot of big men and need to trim their roster so initially playing time will be won from performances in practice and the preseason. If they can get him for a low salary it can't hurt to let Morey and McHale evaluate him.
    From memory Blatche had issues with his coach, he wanted to play more in the low posts which is where he is successful, but the coach had other ideas and Blatche's attitude of not following the team's new plan for him got him less playing time and eventually out of Washington. I agree with early posts we already have a lot of power forwards so I would play Blatche at the 5 if he shows promise. Asik, is good defensively, but he does not have a low post offensive game, Scola was our main low posts threat and he is gone, so bringing in a low posts player gives our offense more flexibility. I do hope regardless that one of our draftees over the last two years can do well inside in the NBA.

9. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

For league minimum, we should and slot him to bench with Montejunas starting. Since we have Delfino, why not pickup another player with experience. We need some bench players.

11. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

my man is in extacy.

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

You mean he's taking it? (Wouldn't surprise me one bit.)

13. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

No! Way! He cares so much for his own stats for what? The minimum? Yeah right, there's a reason he's still the minimum. After how many years? 7 ? He's a clown with no ambition. McGee is good, Blatche is not.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I know that Whiteside lives and trains in Houston during the offseason, so him being in town has nothing to do with the Rockets.

Blatche, who knows, but the Rockets would probably be the last team to allow his sorry butt to come in and destroy their lockeroom.

ANDRAY BLATCHE IS NOT GOING TO PLAY FOR THE ROCKETS.

If they sign him, I will throw 200 bucks in the tipjar.

15. ejarts

ejarts Member

sign him. if we took a chance on thabeet, why not him. he actually has potential if McHale trains him.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Fixed.

17. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Tru Warrier! (Alpha stage)

[​IMG]

18. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

If you say so. :rolleyes:

19. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

If Blatche wants to play for the minimum then you sign him...you took a chance on Thabeet, Flynn, Williams and Morris!!!! so why not ??? You guys act like he is asking for 5 million base salary. Morey stated himself that he wants to be hybrid team and Blatche can give you that and he has a good post game

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Why not???... Well... A. he's not very good, B. Has already declined even at his young age in talent. C. he will destroy the lockeroom, D. He will pollute the minds of the young rookies, and E. He will take up a roster spot and potentially playing time for a young player that might have a future with the Rockets.

There isn't a player in the NBA that would be worse for this team than Andray Blatche. He would do nothing but harm on this team.

1 person likes this.