1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anderson in the 3rd

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swish4fives, May 28, 2018.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

**** you Ryan Anderson. Just enjoy your 20M a year and stfu I never want to see you wearing a Rox uni ever again.

GotGame15, Cash Cam and PeterKingX like this.
  2. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Can’t play defense at all which is why Curry targeted him every single possession he was in. He can’t create his own shot, he can’t create seperation, and he’s too slow to get open off of screens against a team that’s not going to let him get free. Oh, and he’s not going to make his shot when he actually gets it off.

Yea. He’s pretty worthless.

PeterKingX likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

there were people really suggesting that Ryno should start over Tucker in this series...we had at least 3 threads with that dumb idea

How do u even watch basketball and think that that’s an actual solution? The Ryno hope was so delusional.

my favorite rationalizations that people came up with for letting this lost cause on the floor were “if he gets hot” and “he provides spacing by shooting from 27-28 ft”...gimme a break...

Nick_713 likes this.
  4. Mr. Space City

i could go out there and score 0 points while getting cooked by curry and do it for the veteran minimum

Game7 and PeterKingX like this.
  5. Purvis's shorts

Lol at blaming Ryan Anderson for this loss.

6. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

For safety and losing

7. Mr. Space City

8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I cant stop thinking of this as the moment where we lost the game.

Why was he in there?!

9. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

OMG I just realized he has two years left on his contract. All this time I was thinking he was expiring after next season. Morey will never be able to rid himself of that contract.

10. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Curry got no matter who was on him.

But he should’ve been on a Durant because it really didn’t matter who was on him also

And he should’ve got some 3 attempts

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I can't fault this move as lmm has been toxic since his return. I thought mda was straight up gambling the first half with Ryno and JJ playing.

Not playing Black for a few mins was wierd. Is he really that much of a stiff?

12. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

This.

I thought D’Antoni was done with him. I don’t remember which game it was but it was in the first 2 or 3 games and MDA sent in Ryan and he immediately got a pass and passed it back when he was open. He stayed in the game for 2 or 3 minutes, did nothing, and was banished to the bench until tonight. I believe his 8 minutes in the game were one of the many differences between winning and losing. His -11 +/- indicates this as well. The guy had zero confidence in himself for most of the season and other teams smelled blood when he was in the game. I liked the signing when we got him because I believed it was going to open the middle up for Harden a little more and he did. That said I wish him well and hope we are able to unload his contract on someone. Unfortunately, I understand that it will take a significant asset for another team to bite in all likelihood.

13. kevtse

kevtse Member

Andersin coffin nailed himself.

14. HTM

HTM Member

I remember him having a great game or 2 against GSW in the playoff when he was with NOLA... or am I wrong on that?

15. dischead

dischead Member

Well Morey obviously thought that. Ryno needs to retire right now and give Rockets their money back.

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Someone was eager for Anderson to play???

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I wonder if Ryno regrets signing here. Yeah he got a huge contract on a competing team but after being exposed like this...he might've preferred getting an almost equal contract with his hometown Kings. He would be getting playing time with absolutely no pressure. Less embarrassment and he still gets paid like crazy.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Some Elf Defense.

19. igotwhipscollectingdust

The first JJ/Ryno stint worked out as well as anyone could expect but for the life of me I just don’t understand why he went back to him in the most critical quarter. Anderson should not have played in the third when everyone knows that’s when Curry heats up.

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

At least Anderson didn't bust his own knee off. It was close.