1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

And.... Portland fans are already making excuses for their 2014 first round exit against us

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

OP is dum. Gloat after win.

Talk is cheap.

Some good history here. Repped

Real Rockets fans remember that Clyde picked Houston and Portland Front Office did him a favor that they didn't need to do. You might have witnessed how Clyde really wanted it during the regular season and the playoffs. Definitely starting on the downside of his peak, but still close to it to turn out some monstrous games.

Stuff like that doesn't exist as often anymore, so it has to be appreciated and respected*

*Seems like the Suns were awarded karma for the Steve Nash "gift".

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

your rep will come in red

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Wow, great history here. I was part of that era, but did not know these interesting details. Rep'd for coming here and disclosing these tidbits.

5. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Classy move by a a classy org. Although I've watched the games, I was far too young to have cared or known of any of this. Clyde was great, helped us get a second ring with what was left in the tank and he sure is a Houstonian at heart.

6. maxiep

maxiep Rookie

I think you misunderstand me. I wasn't whining about Scola; I was acknowledging how the little things he did really took Aldridge out of his game. In other words, it was smart basketball. Again, if the refs don't call it (and now there is a flopping foul), then IMO it's fair game.

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Almost forgot about Clyde. Guy most be torn inside. He's still more a Blazer than a Rocket despite his championship.

8. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Yea but he's from Houston though. I'm sure he has emphaty for the Blazers, but Houston is his real team and city

9. AusFan

AusFan Contributing Member

Lol re: Clyde. Should post that in their forum.

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

How else should they think, when was the last time they got past the 1st round. LOL

11. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

lololol some portland fan just said "as long as houston doesn't Von Wafer us we should be ok"

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Real Rockets Fans huh what if they wasn't born back then or was very young and didn't follow basketball until they became a teenager or adult.

Was you a REAL ROCKETS FAN when we had Moses Malone and Calvin Murphy

13. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Haha good call. I ignored his comment since he is obviously insecure but this is good.

14. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Just to be accurate, Houston didn't tie with Indiana in '84. Back then the top pick was decided by a coin flip between the worst team in the East and the worst team in the West. Houston (29-53) had the worst record in the West and Indiana (20-62) had the worst record in the East.

Houston's questionable lineups late in the year were to ensure that they finished behind the Clippers (30-52) for the worst record in the West.

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

rep for you.

Interesting comments in the last 2 pages of this thread.

no offense to Portland, but any team my rockets face is the enemy and is hated.

16. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

They are worried about the James Harden floppy and getting to the line. Can't say I blame them (Portland fans). I would hate Harden if he was on the opposing team, his flopping that is. He really is a Argentinian/Italian soccer player.

Here is a pic one person posted:

[​IMG]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-DSswy5lxGc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Lol that cat is such a flopper

18. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I have nothing but respect for Portland. They have a great team and had a great team the last time Rockets played them. They are not sh**** like the Jazz or Lakers. And they don't have punkish players like Westbrook, No smiles Mcgee, or Durant.

That being said, I hope we sweep them.:grin:

19. BleedsRocketRed

Boy do most of you guys look like a bunch of idiots. Look who's probably laughing at us now

20. Andrew Wiggins

Actually, after skimming this thread most of these guys told the op they dont care. Htownballer looks like an idiot as always.