1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

analytics must prefer lefties

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JR, Jun 30, 2013.

1. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i wonder if lefties are just good against righties... and if righties are going to do well against our lefties...

2. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

I agree with everything except the part about lefties being more ambidextrous... Imo lefties are much LESS ambidextrous. I think it stems from exactly what you were saying though... Which starts at a young age... Especially young athletes, lefties have a huge advantage, so a large percentage of them just use that hand to dominate... One case I can think of off the top of my head is Gareth bale of Tottenham spurs... He's one of the best soccer players in the world and has a very good right foot. Apparently his coaches at a young age made him use his his right foot for developmental purposes... But there are many other examples of left footed/ handed athletes with horrible or below average right sides... Leo Messi, Chris bosh, hulk...

3. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Just added another lefty with Reggie Williams. There has to be something to it for sure. I have to agree with the points where a normal defender is going to think he is right handed and have to adjust certain things.

So the list of lefties on the Rockets grows.