1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Onepaks

Onepaks Member

Personally, I would not trade Cato. Give the guy a break. The guy hardly played ball in Portland. He did not get any minutes in Portland. He came in Houston knowing that he would get significant minutes playing backup to Hakeem and later on staring after Hakeen retires in 2 years. Unfortunately, Hakeem was injured most of the time and Cato was asked to start most of the season. He was playing very well during the preseason and we cheered for him. He just got over excited because this was the first time he experience it. He did not know that he would take over as the starting center this season. Give him a chance. I beleive that Cato will have a breakout season next year because now, he know what to expect. Give him until the all-star break. If he does not show any significant improvement, trade him.

But don't get me wrong. I would trade Cato if we could get a future all-star in return preferably a pf and an average young center.

On moving up the draft, I like the Nets idea of trading Cato, Thomas and the 9th pick for the 1st pick and Kittles but I would be more happy if we get Fieck instead of Kittles because we can still have an effective center with a cheaper contract. Our lineup would be:

C-Feick/Dream
    Pf-Martin. I would pick him over Swift coz I want to win now.
    Sf- Wiz
    Sg- Anderson/Mobley
    Pg-Francis/Norris

But if we get Kittles instead of Feick, I would trade him to a team that need a sg like Miami, Kings, Clips or Cavs. But Miami won't give up Mourning and the Kings wont give Webber so forget them. I would be interested in the Clips and Cavs. Clips might give us their 3rd pick/Kandi for Kittles, Drew, second round pick and future first round . We would select Miles at 3.

C-Dream/Kandi
    Pf-Martin
    Sf-Miles
    Sg-Mobley/Anderson
    Pg-Francis/Norris

That would be an unbelievable team

I would also trade cato to Milwaukee for their 15th pick and Thomas. Karl has been very vocal that he would trade his 15th pick for a center. He might do this because I still think that Thomas or Robinso has to go and because of Robinson's contract, he would have to stay. Our line-up would be

C- Dream/Pryzabilla (with the 9th pick)
    Pf- Moiso or E. Thomas (with the 15th pick. But I think Moiso will be gone so E. Thomas might be available)
    Sf-Tim Thomas
    Sg-Mobley /Anderson
    pg-Francis

But I still like the line-up with Martin and Miles

------------------

[This message has been edited by Onepaks (edited June 11, 2000).]

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The Clips might give us their 3rd and Kandi for Kittles, Drew, a worthless second rounder, and a future first that will be terrible? No team in the NBA is that stupid, not even the Clips. That offer is so bad it might not even be enough for Kandi alone! Next trade, please.

------------------
    Cheaters never win. Unless you play for LA that is.

3. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Uh, no it wouldn't. We'd have 2 rookies in the starting lineup, one of them straight out of HS, without any veteran backups. Then, when Hakeem gets hurt, what's on our front line. 3 hardly developed players.

But don't worry, we got backcourt depth! You need at least 9 players who can give real minutes, and they have to be 9 guys who don't all play the same position.

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Well I agree with one thing that pak has to say. I wouldn't trade Cato just for the sake of getting rid of him. But if we are getting a quality big guy in return, or moving significantly up in the draft then I say pull the trigger. By moving up in the draft I mean top 4, because after Swift, Kenyon, Fizer and Miles there is no one else worth looking at in this draft.

------------------
    Now introducing the starting lineup for your Houston Rockets: Starting at Center from Wake Forest - TIM DUNCAN

5. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot Member

F.Y.I.

Word on the street says that Kittles career may be done.

------------------
    CC.NET BBS Quote of the week (posted by Jeff): ""Welcome to Houston. Get out!" (To the mayor of Louisville on his trip to Houston)