1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

An alternative to the official story from the Rockets (conspiracy alert)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dave_78, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This news about McGrady's knee is strange. Of course Tracy is missing some cartilage. The point of getting the knee scoped was to remove the loose cartilage that had been "shaved off" by the wear and tear of playing. It has been mentioned a few times that he would always have some pain in the knee because of that.

I think this about the Rockets realizing they can't deal McGrady this season and they know next season his entire value is his expiring contract so his perceived health will be a non-issue. Hell, some teams would probably prefer he doesn't actually play for them.

I think the scenario played out where McGrady asked to shut it down this season and management knows the team is better without him but they can't trade him so they agreed. To save embarrassment all around they exaggerated his knee problem but can't fully lie so they say it is "missing cartilage" and give a vague diagnosis for treatment so they have an out if anything changes down the road.

There won't be microfracture surgery because there is no new knee issue.

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

okay.... :rolleyes:

get a life.

3. rawool

rawool Member

I kind of agree. There's a lot of things that aren't clear.

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I just hope he will have Wade's comeback...

Btw guys, can anybody (who knows) explain me that?

How on the Earth they discovered that injury now? I mean does it happen in one day or what? Didn't they notoce that he was missing cartilage? He had had some MRI's before.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

i also think that yao faked his injury last season so he would be sure to be healthy for the olympics.

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

LOL! :D

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

says the guy with the first post. thanks.

It's every bit as likely as the best doctors in the country all missing the same thing on an MRI yet refusing to give a clear prognosis now that this new MRI reveals damage. So he might play again this year or need microfracture surgery and be out for at least a year?

Come on. Either the knee is shot or it isn't.

8. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The rockets would not make up this injury report to get him off the team. They could still have used his playmaking skills in a diminished role.

9. jondoe

jondoe Member

Well, whoever is right on this, someone is truly wrong. If Tmac needs microfracture, the rox went to some Sh##ty doctors. If the story is not true, I dunno what to think.

10. jondoe

jondoe Member

waiting to see it on ESPN

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

Agreed

Battier has been faking his injury too.

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The team is better without him. No doubt.

I don't think they made the injury up. That would be against the rules. They can certainly give vague descriptions of his condition and then have the doctor give a wide variety of treatments which is what they just did.

13. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Mcgrady is faking his injury like Shaun Livingston did last year!

14. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The team could easily still use a tracy mcgrady playing all out in a 20-25 minute point guard role if the knee could allow it. Rafer is not enough.

He's really hurt or else this report never comes out.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

I think that Cheerleader for the Rockets that got hurt earlier this year was faking it too.

Fake fall.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Ever think that this MRI is the initial phase of him being traded? Perhaps it's precaution for the other team who is interested. It could be anything at this point.

17. A00man

A00man Member

Oh man, this place is pathetic. Yup, let's make a fabricated version of the situation and just believe it's true without any evidence.

Yup, the doctors kept telling Tracy he's fine and should keep playing on his knee. Yet he always felt discomfort and couldn't move his leg properly. Tracy must be lying. Who's to blame? It's Tracy's fault.

Now, there are reports that Tracy was in fact hurt and will probably need microfracture surgery to fix the cartridge in his knee. Who's to blame for that as well? It's Tracy's fault.

It couldn't possibly be the incompetent Rockets' medical staff that failed to prevent this on him by asking him to keep playing. You know, the same one that pretty much did the same thing to Yao last season. Nope, it's all Tracy's fault.

It must be a conspiracy theory because we all know Tracy has always and forever sucked as a player, and the way he's playing right now is how he's always played. I mean, why would we believe him that his performance right now is actually due to an injury? He's always sucked and this is just an excuse to cover up his horrible play. I mean it's just mental with the guy. The guy actually doesn't care about going out there and scoring 3-4 points in a game multiple times this year. He clearly doesn't give a damn. It can't be that he was actually injured. Nope. It's all Tracy's fault.

Always has been, and always will be Tracy's fault. :rolleyes:

18. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

So what will you say when his treatment is rest and not surgery?

20. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

Wade is a soldier and he doesn't have as much mileage is Mac and he is a champion and he is an Olympic gold metal recipient. Should I go on?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.