1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amick: Rockets pushing to trade for Iggy, hope to sign Chandler, no longer working to extend coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 12, 2019.

1. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

CP3 threaten to have a knee scope and sit out for a year.. to sabotage the trade

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Tilman is still cheap? I am shocked. Shocked I tell you!

I thought Morey was “advised to go well into the luxury tax now”?

3. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I wonder if Iggy really would go to LA Clips or Lakers if bought out? No one else is going to trade anything of significance for him. He would get a lot of run here and would help our championship odds although the same could be said for both LA Teams and in a cooler town.

Still think he is a better fit on our squad though since we are built similar to the Warriors. It would be nice if Iggy tells us he would sign with Rockets if bought out but it doesn't sound like that has happened yet. Iggy at the vet min would be a godsend but this could drag out for awhile.

There is no way the Mavs will give up anything of significance to get Iggy as they are still not in "win-now" mode. Rockets are only team that value Iggy and would consider trading for him only if they are not the frontrunners in a buyout situation. Come on Iggy, choose Houston!

4. izeroi

izeroi Member

I feel like I read (weeks back) that if bought out he said he would go to the Lakers.

5. amaru

amaru Member

Is Iggy really worth it at 35 with an extensive injury history? GSW rode him hard and put him up wet lol

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Depends...do you want to “win the title at all costs” as Tilman says?

The Rockets are absolutely in need of a wing defender, and Iguodala happens to be the best attainable player there is in that regard. As @justtxyank said...if the don’t want Iguodala in favor of other options, that’s fine. If they don’t want Iguodala because he costs too much, so they go with just minimum guys to fill out the roster, then that’s dumb.

Or...Tilman could just publicly say he doesn’t want to go into the tax as an owner. Him constantly lying about it is what people are annoyed with.

7. amaru

amaru Member

Is Iggy able to help get a team over the hump at this point? He might be more washed than Chris Paul

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Absolutely. He can play the 3/4 and play elite defense.

I hate his contract and he's not worth it.

J Sizzle likes this.
  9. amaru

amaru Member

Idk if it’s fair to expect “elite” defense. He’s 35-36 with an extensive injury history. He has to be getting close to the cliff. And yes I agree, he’s not worth his contract and certainly not worth 37 a year (what his contract + the LT would be). If he was a buyout candidate the story is completely different.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Offensively I agree. Defensively he’s exactly what we need and still elite in that regard.

If they can get a similar option at a cheaper cost, I’m all for it. But just don’t cheap out on talent when you’re trying to compete. They already did that last year.

11. amaru

amaru Member

I think they’d be looking at cheaper options. I’m no salary cap expert but wouldn’t a SnT for Iggy hard cap is? If so, do we really think Iggy is the final piece of a championship puzzle?

J Sizzle likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

July 12 "Pushing for Iguodala trade"
    July 15: "Too expensive. Not worth it."
    :D

luckyman76, RichieBanks, JuNx and 5 others like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

No, Grizzlies would.

JoeBarelyCares, D-rock and amaru like this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

It’s not just 20M, it’s 17M (salary) + 20M (tax) so basically 37M for one year of Iggy.

jch1911 and amaru like this.
  15. T. Will tha Don

THIABO SEFALOSIA (Spelling). Same type of player, a little bigger, plays the 2-4, game is based off the 3nD concept, and he is the old teammate of both Beard and Brodie.

16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

one year while only playing 18-20mpg.

i would love to have him if tilman weren't broke. but if we have to get someone who will outperform his contract, iggy will not.

i can get behind this line of thinking if they go and get someone else that's being paid less like crowder, kyle anderson, or bjelica.

however, my concern is that they will just duck the tax again and not provide the necessary depth to really contend.

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

sefolosha, and dante cunningham are two guys i'd look to sign for the minimum right now. i'd prefer to make one more big trade for the remaining F minutes but tilman is too broke!

18. threepointshot3

He was awful in utah

19. Asian Sensation

Sooo Boris Diaw? Sounds good to me.